Animator of Sport Activities – Field of study catalogue MU
Animator of Sport Activities
The three-year Bachelor's degree Animator of Sporting Activities aims at preparing qualified, university educated specialists in sports education for the general public of all age categories in their free-time sporting activities. Students acquire practical and didactic knowledge in the organisation of sporting activities, life style optimization and basics in sport preparation, as well as basics in humanities, medicine and biology.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- acquire working skills in sports and sports events
- master the history, rules, theory, biomedicine, psychology and pedagogy applied in school PE and chosen sports
- apply the knowledge of pedagogy and sports training theory on particular sports and different age groups
- master the basic knowledge of the methodology of a PE teacher's work
- define the structure of the movement performance in a given sports event
Graduates are able to work creatively and independently in school clubs, after-school centres, and youth centres and as organisers in civic associations, fitness centres, private sports clubs and other specialised facilities organising sporting activities.
The degree finishes with defence of the Bachelor's thesis and the final state examination from the areas of pedagogy, psychology, medicine and the theory of physical education and sport.