Physical Education and Sport – Field of study catalogue MU
Physical Education and Sport
The three-year Bachelor's degree study of Physical Education and Sport aims at preparing qualified, university educated specialists in sports education of talented individuals of all age groups in selected sports fields, but also specialists in sports education of the general public in free-time sports activities. This field of study is also the first stage of physical education teaching (one-subject) study.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- use working skills in sports and sports events
- master the history, rules, theory, biomedicine, psychology and pedagogy applied on chosen sports
- apply the knowledge of sports training theory on particular sports, different age groups and grades
- master the basic knowledge of the methodology of the coach work
- define the structure of the movement performance in a given sports event
The graduates from Coaching programme will obtain a 2nd class licence in a selected sport branch. They will become creative and independent coaches of selected sports or specialists in leisure time activities. They may fulfil themselves in sport clubs and other institutions oriented to individual or collective sports aimed at high performance. They may also find work in all facilities oriented to physical activities as a part of a modern life.