Macedonian Language and Literature – Field of study catalogue MU
Macedonian Language and Literature
The aim of the study is to develop and deepen the knowledge and skill acquired in the framework of bachelor’s study and to prepare a philologist with a wider basis of Slavonic studies. The students will focus on wider diachronous aspects of linguistic research, will concentrate upon a more complicated level of syntax and stylistics; in literary criticism they will get a deeper insight into the methodology of literary scholarship and the awareness of a wider context of Slavonic literatures and the place of Macedonian literature in it.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- have written and spoken Macedonian language competence at the high level
- acquire a thorough knowledge of literary and cultural theory and literature and culture of Macedonia and neighboring Balkan countries
- have a deep knowledge of diachronic and synchronic linguistic theories, including the history of Macedonian language
- acquire a good knowledge of specific issues and eras in historical development of Macedonia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Albania and Greece
- work independently and conduct critical analyses
Graduates with this degree have a comprehensive philological and area-studies education, which qualifies them for educational and scholarly jobs, jobs in cultural institutions, in tourism, in journalism, as specialists on editorial boards, in low- and mid-level management in firms, in translating specialized and literary texts, in interpreting and as experts.