Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Natural Science – Field of study catalogue MU
Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Natural Science
“Nature is much hetrogeneously”
The basic orientation of this study branch is to prepare a specialist in nature history and to form their basic competences in educational, psychological and communicative subjects.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- have the basic theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the fields of natural history (basic disciplines such as inanimate nature, botany, zoology, ecology, antropology etc.), pedagogy, psychology and learning theory
- properly apply different laboratory techniques including work with microscopes
- respect the age, individual, and other differences of the pupils in educational process
- generate and advocate her professional decisions and bear full responsibility for them
- positive self-realization, self-education and self-reflection
- paedagogical assistent of nature history for primary schools
- instructor in free.time centres
- jobs of natural history tendency with Bc degree
Standard length of studies is 3 years.
A part of the studies is foreign language, basic advanced knowledge of the language is expected at the minimal level A2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), which is built on in classes.
biological practical training
- the successful study along curriculum
- the final state examination consists of two parts
a) knowledge in branch nature history (multiple-choice test)
b)practical skills of natural history objects (unlive nature, botany, zoology, antropology)
The first written exam is worth 66,7%.
One part of the final state examination is also defence of a Bachelor's thesis, the length of which must be between 30 and 50 pages. More information about graduation requirements can be found on the website of biology dept.
They may continue into the master's study to obtain full teaching qualifications.