Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Civics – Field of study catalogue MU
Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Civics
The basic orientation of this study branch is to prepare a specialist in Civics and to form their basic competences in departmental, paedagogical, psychological and communicative subjects.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- create a general image of society and understand a persons role within society, from both the historical and current point of view, based on the knowledge gained in the fields of social sciences (philosophy, ethics, politics, economy, sociology, religion
- understand, interpret, critically judge and present social science texts based on the development of critical thinking and practical experience with such texts
- write a piece of text or a project related to one of the themes of social sciences
- apply gained knowledge and skills into the profession of teacher assistant of civics at primary schools
- apply gained knowledge and skills as a professional worker specialized in cooperating with authorities and institutions of the European Union in the spheres of public administration, non-profit organizations and the private sector
- use modern information technologies
The options of occupations for the graduates:
- a pedagogical assistant of civics teachers
- an instructor in spare time centres
- a professional employee in administrative structures, NGOs and in private sector specialized in cooperation with the institutions of the European Union
Standard length of studies is 3 years.
A part of the studies is foreign language, basic advanced knowledge of the language is expected at the minimal level A2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), which is built on in classes.