Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Natural Science – Field of study catalogue MU
Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Natural Science
“Nature is much more heterogenous”
Basic information about the field of study:
- professional knowledge and skills in the field of natural science (biology, inanimate nature and ecology)
- professional knowledge and skills necessary for teachers (educational, organizational and communication skills)
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- demonstrate basic theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the fields of natural science (basic disciplines such as inanimate nature, botany, zoology, ecology, antropology etc.), pedagogy, psychology and learning theory
- properly apply different laboratory techniques including work with microscopes
- respect the age, individual, and other differences of pupils in the educational process
- make and defend their professional decisions and bear full responsibility for them
- partake in positive self-realization, self-education and self-reflection
Teacher of Natural Science and Biology at lower secondary school
The standard length of studies is 2 years.
- teaching practice - view of teaching Natural science
- teacher training in Natural Science
The final state examination consists of four partial questions:
- standard teaching of Natural science
- alternative teaching of Natural science
- field didactical module
- field anthropological module
The three first questions determine skills and knowledge in teaching Natural Science, and the last one monitors field knowledge appropriate for Master's level.
One part of the final state examination is also defence of the diploma thesis, the length of which must be between 50 and 70 pages.
More information about graduation requirements can be found on the website of the biology department.