Lower Secondary and Language School Teacher Training in Russian Language – Field of study catalogue MU
Lower Secondary and Language School Teacher Training in Russian Language
The aim of this study field is to prepare teachers of the generally educative subject – Russian language at the upper level of primary schools, who understand the professional issues and are able to continue their self-education based on self-reflection.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- capable of spoken and written language at C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- understand the essentials of basic linguistic fields; be able to apply the acquired knowledge in their own pedagogical practice; analyze authentic texts and use them creatively for practical purposes in their own teaching
- interpret specific relation between culture and language; analyze the influence of intercultural aspects on the communication among different cultures; assess the impact of socio-cultural aspects
- demonstrate the knowledge of Literature written in Russian with the focus on children’s and young adult literature; interpret a variety of texts from different critical perspectives;
- be able to choose literary texts suitable for teaching at primary schools and work with them to raise the pupils’ interest and develop not only their language competence
- be able to plan lessons, use combinations of various methods and forms of teaching, including modern approaches (project teaching, problem teaching) and assess them critically
- understand the issue of choosing relevant teaching materials for primary schools and be able to process didactic materials creatively
- be prepared to use modern information technologies in their pedagogical practice and collaborate in conducting e-learning courses
The future functioning of the graduates is primarily focused on the work of the subject teachers at primary schools. They can use their qualification as Russian language teachers at the upper primary school level, Russian language teachers at language schools, or employees in non-teaching positions requiring an excellent knowledge of Russian (e.g. in public administration).They are also capable of obtaining re-qualification in the professions of their field of study and in the educative field.
Standard length of studies is 2 years (4 semesters).