LF:DSMGT01 Modern Genomic Technologies - Course Information
DSMGT01 Modern Genomic TechnologiesFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 1 for the colloquium). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Vojtěch Bystrý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MVDr. Boris Tichý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Panagiotis Alexiou, PhD (lecturer)
Mgr. Václav Hejret (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Šárka Pospíšilová, Ph.D.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Vojtěch Bystrý, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Central European Institute of Technology
- The course is offered to students of any study field. Knowledge of biology, basic statistics, and basic programming concepts is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 16 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/16, only registered: 1/16, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/16
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Molecular Medicine (programme LF, D-BIOM_A) (2)
- Molecular medicine (programme LF, D-BIOM) (2)
- Course objectives
- Students will get familiar with the principles of next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies and NGS data analysis.
- Learning outcomes
- After participating on the course student will be able to: 1. plan and prepare a next generation sequencing (NGS) experiment 2. understand NGS data and data analysis results
- 1.Next generation sequencing (NGS) classification and application NGS experiment planing, library preparation specifics, data analysis results for: 2. DNA Re-sequencing 3. RNA-seq 4. Chip-seq,CLIP-seq 5. Transcriptome/Genome assembly 6. 16s metagenomic sequencing
- Koubková L, Vojtěšek B, Vyzula R. Next generation sequencing - application in clinical practice. Klin Onkol. 2014;27 Suppl 1:S61-8
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written report or oral presentation
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.
- Teacher's information
- Vojtěch Bystrý, mail:firstname.lastname@example.org, schedule SPRING 2022: Monday 10-12 E26/222
- Enrolment Statistics (spring 2022, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2022/DSMGT01