LF:VLCH11XX Surgery - State Exam - Course Information
VLCH11XX Surgery - State ExamFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: SRZK (closing examination).
- prof. MUDr. Libor Paša, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Vladimír Bartl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Eva Brichtová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Ivan Čapov, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Doležel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Petr Gál, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Pavel Gladiš, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Miloš Janeček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Václav Jedlička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jiří Jeřábek (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kala, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zdeněk Kříž (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jindřich Leypold, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Pavel Mach, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Michal Mašek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Igor Penka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Podlaha, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Mojmír Přívara (seminar tutor)
Hana Půčková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivo Rovný, MBA (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Robert Staffa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Vlček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Vokurka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jindřich Vomela, CSc., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jan Wechsler, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Žák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jan Žaloudík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Kateřina Grosche (assistant)
Lucie Kučerová (assistant)
Mgr. Jana Šlancarová (assistant)
Eva Zahradníková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Igor Penka, CSc.
First Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Vladimír Procházka, Ph.D.
Supplier department: First Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine (50,00 %), Department of Surgery - Joint workplaces with the University Hospital Brno - workplaces of the Bohunice and Mater. Hospital - Faculty of Medicine (25,00 %), Department of Pediatric Surgery, Orthopedics and Traumatology - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine (25,00 %)
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( VSSP03X Individual project || VLSP03X Individual project )&& VLPD1033c Pediatrics III-practice && VLPG1022c Gynecol. and obst. II- pract. && VLAM9X1p Intensive care med. - lect. && VLNE9X1p Neurology - lecture && ( VLON9X1p Clinical oncology || VLON091 Clinical oncology ) && VLPY9X1p Psychiatry - lect. && VLCH9X33c Surgery III - practicals && ( VLIN9X22p Infectious diseases II || VLIN9X22 Infectious diseases II )&& VLVL101 Internal.medicine -lec. && VLOZ1044 Public health && VLPX102t Vacational training GYN/OBST
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the state exam of surgery is to verify the students knowledge of the general and special surgery in a full scale. Student has to be able to make clinical examination of the patient, differential diagnostics assessment and to propose next treatment. Student should be familiar with the acute surgical illness and its general treatment algorithm.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the State Rigorous Exam in Surgery, the student will be: - able to perform full physical examination of the patient and to respond appropriately to potentially life threatening situations - able to interpret findings from clinical and para clinical examinations, establish a differential diagnosis. - able to suggest additional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in surgical patients. - Know the possible complications of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in surgery. - to be aware of the continuity of other disciplines in the treatment of a surgical patient.
- State surgery exam
- general surgery
- special surgery
- clinical examination
- differential diagnostics assessment
- treatment proposition
- acute surgical illness
- required literature
- ZEMAN, Miroslav a Zdeněk KRŠKA. Speciální chirurgie. 3., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2014. xviii, 511. ISBN 9788074921285.
- recommended literature
- FERKO, Alexander, Zdeněk ŠUBRT and Tomáš DĚDEK. Chirurgie v kostce. 2., doplněné a přepracova. Praha: Grada, 2015. 511 stran. ISBN 9788024710051. info
- ŠNAJDAUF, Jiří and Richard ŠKÁBA. Dětská chirurgie. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2005. 395 s. ISBN 807262329X. info
- not specified
- WENDSCHE, Peter a Radek VESELÝ. Traumatologie. Praha: Galén, 2015. 344 s. 1. vydání. ISBN 978-80-7492-211-4.
- Teaching methods
- preparing for state examination
- Assessment methods
- State Exam of Surgery has practical and theoretical part. In the practical part the complete clinical examination including the elaboration of the clinical record in needed. Student must prove ability of the decision-making and orientation in the differential diagnostics. Theoretical part consists of 3 questions: one from general surgery and 2 from special surgery. The student responds to the draw questions in front of a multi-member committee.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Komise pro SRZ je studentovi přidělena
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: souvilsý blok 5 týdnů. Studentu jsou vypsáni na předpromoční praxi dle termínů a pracovišť.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 1.