LF:VLCH11Xpp Surgery -Pre-graduation Pract. - Course Information
VLCH11Xpp Surgery - Pre-graduation PracticeFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/10/0. 16 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Vladimír Bartl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. MUDr. Štěpánka Bibrová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ernest Biroš (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Eva Brichtová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Buček (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Ivan Čapov, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Doležel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Dvořák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Petr Gál, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jiří Jeřábek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kala, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zdeněk Konečný (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslav Krejčí, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jindřich Leypold, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Pavel Mach, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Michal Mašek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tomáš Novotný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Petr Piskač, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Ladislav Plánka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Podlaha, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivo Rovný, MBA (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Robert Staffa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Otakar Teyschl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Robert Vlachovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Vlček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jindřich Vomela, CSc., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Žák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jan Žaloudík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Veronika Bradáčková (assistant)
Barbora Krausová (assistant)
Lucie Kučerová (assistant)
Iveta Mášová (assistant)
Lea Müllerová (assistant)
Hana Půčková (assistant)
Eva Zahradníková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Vladimír Procházka, Ph.D.
Second Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Second Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLFA0822p || VLFA0722p) && VLNE9X1p && VLPY9X1p && VLVZ9X1c && VSDV9X22p && VLAM9X1p && (VLVL7X61c || VLVL9X61c ) && VLVL9X62c && VLVL9X63c && VLVL9X64c && (VLVL9X65c || VLVL7X65c) && VLVL9X66c && VLPD1033c && VLIN9X22 && VLSD7X1p && VSEI7X1 && VLOL7X1 && VSOT7X1p && VSLP7X1 && VLPL9X1 && VLON091 && VLST7X1p && VSLE7X1p && VLPG1022c && VYCET(3, VLPS07X || VLPS071, VSAT081, VLKA091, VSNO071, VSPM071, VLKB091, VLKF091, BMBS051, VLPM071, VLEP041, VLIA081, VLKM081, VLRL041, VLTL081, VSDL071, VSAL081, VSFP071) && VLCH9X33c && (VLAJ0222 || VSAJ0222 || VSNJ0222) && VSSP03X
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the pre-graduate practice is practical test and deepening of theoretical knowledge from general and special surgery. Within the subject the student is actively involved in daily surgical clinic practice - activities in outpatient clinic, wards, intensive care units and operating rooms. The current aim of the course is practical but also theoretical preparation of the student for the successful passing of state rigorous examination in surgery.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the pre-graduate practice, the student will be: - able to perform full physical examination of the patient and to respond appropriately to potentially life threatening situations - able to interpret findings from clinical and para clinical examinations, establish a differential diagnosis. - able to suggest additional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in surgical patients. - Know the possible complications of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in surgery. - to be aware of the continuity of other disciplines in the treatment of a surgical patient
- The participation in morning visits
- afternoon presentation
- special lectures and seminars
- recommended literature
- ZEMAN, Miroslav and Zdeněk KRŠKA. Speciální chirurgie. 3., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2014. xviii, 511. ISBN 9788074921285. info
- ŠNAJDAUF, Jiří and Richard ŠKÁBA. Dětská chirurgie. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2005. 395 s. ISBN 807262329X. info
- FERKO, Alexander, Zdeněk ŠUBRT and Tomáš DĚDEK. Chirurgie v kostce. 2., doplněné a přepracova. Praha: Grada, 2015. 511 stran. ISBN 9788024710051. info
- not specified
- Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, 10e, ISBN 978-0-07179674-3
- Ashcraft's /ediatric Surgery: Expert Consult. ISBN 9781455743339
- Teaching methods
- As part of the pre-graduate practice of surgery, students under the supervision of surgeons engages in activities at general and specialized surgical outpatient department, wards, intensive care units and the operating rooms. He actively participates in the morning visits, participates in the administrative work connected with hospitalization of patients. They deepen their theoretical knowledge and practical skills within the surgical diagnostic and therapeutic algorithm, even in relation to other disciplines. At the same time, they undergo professional seminars led by clinical specialists.
- Assessment methods
- The knowledge of students is continuously verified in the framework of practical activities and professional seminars. The pre-graduate practice is completed by the credit, part of which is the passing of the practical part of the State Rigorous Exam. Practical part of the State Rigorous Examination: The practical part of the State Rigorous Examination examines the knowledge of surgical instruments, the ability to identify pathology on imaging methods (RTG / CT / MR), to examine the patient - to determine the differential diagnosis and other diagnostic and therapeutic management.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Komise pro SRZ je studentovi přidělena
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: souvilsý blok 5 týdnů. Studentu jsou vypsáni na předpromoční praxi dle termínů a pracovišť.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 150.