LF:VLPO011p First Aid - lecture - Course Information
VLPO011p First Aid - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jan Maláska, Ph.D., EDIC (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Petr Štourač, Ph.D., MBA, FESAIC (lecturer)
MUDr. Roman Štoudek (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Ivan Čundrle, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Roman Gál, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Ondřej Hrdý (lecturer)
MUDr. Jan Hruda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Kamil Hudáček (lecturer)
MUDr. Jan Hudec (lecturer)
MUDr. Zdeněk Chvátal (lecturer)
MUDr. Milan Jelínek (lecturer)
MUDr. Mgr. Miroslav Jíra, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jozef Klučka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Tomáš Korbička (lecturer)
MUDr. Ivo Křikava, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Lukáš Růžek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Olga Smékalová (lecturer)
MUDr. Jan Stašek (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Pavel Suk, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Petr Suk (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Šrámek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Robert Vach (lecturer)
MUDr. Václav Zvoníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Lenka Dobrovolná (assistant)
Martina Matoušková (assistant)
Eva Podborská (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D.
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 18:00–18:50 B22/116 aula
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: understand basic vital signs; provide Basic Cardiac Life Support according to ERC guidelines; provide first aid including wound dressing, vital signs monitoring and transport.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- carry out primary and secondary survay of the patient;
- show 1 minute of basic life support on the model of adult;
- show 1 minute of basic life support on the model of child;
- to provide first aid to the unconscious and conscious victim.
- communicate with the conscious patient.
- Introduction to First Aid. The rescuer's safety. Access to the disabled. Chain of survival. Rights and obligations. Basic Life Support, Automated External Defibrilator, Forain Body Airway Obstruction, Mask ventilation, quality of survival.
- Basic Life Support of children, laryngitis, epiglotitis.
- Disorders of consciousness, convulsions, stroke, diabetes complications.
- Bleeding including specific situations.
- Head injuries (face, eye, teeth), neck and spine.
- Chest and abdominal injuries.
- Injuries of limbs and pelvis.
- Shock - hypovolemic, anaphylactic, haemorrhagic.
- Damage to heat, cold, electric current.
- Drowning, accidents in nature (animals, lightning), hanging
- Common medical problems (fever, diarrhea, vomiting, pain (abdominal, chest, head), meningitis, asthma).
- Intoxication, drugs, mental disorders.
- required literature
- AUSTIN, Margaret, Rudy CRAWFORD and Barry KLAASSEN. First aid manual : the Authorised Manual of St John Ambulance, St Andrew's First Aid and the British Red Cross. Revised 10th edition. London: DK, 2016. 288 stran. ISBN 9780241241233. info
- not specified
- AUSTIN, Margaret, Rudy CRAWFORD and Vivien J. ARMSTRONG. První pomoc : autorizovaná příručka organizací St John Ambulance, St Andrew's First Aid a British Red Cross. Translated by Petr Stříbrný. V Praze: Slovart, 2015. 288 stran. ISBN 9788073913861. info
- First aid : manual. 10th ed. London: Dorling Kindersley, 2014. 288 s. ISBN 9781409342007. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures are theoretical. Presentations of lectures are with a support of PPT and video.
- Assessment methods
- oral exam Attending of lectures is obliged. Oral exam is connected with a practical presentation of cardiopulmonary resuscitation on model.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2017, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2017/VLPO011p