LF:VSAL091 Anaesth. and Tr. of Pain - Course Information
VSAL091 Anaesthesiology and Treatment of PainFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Michal Fedora, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Ivan Čundrle, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Petr Dominik (lecturer)
MUDr. Marek Hakl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jan Hruda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Ivo Křikava, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jan Maláska, Ph.D., EDIC (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Pavel Suk, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Šrámek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Petr Štourač, Ph.D., MBA, FESAIC (lecturer)
MUDr. Katarína Zadražilová (lecturer)
MUDr. Václav Zvoníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Lenka Dobrovolná (assistant)
Martina Matoušková (assistant)
Eva Podborská (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Vladimír Šrámek, Ph.D.
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- VLFA0722c Pharmacology IIp || SOUHLAS || VLFA0621c Pharmacology I - p
Finished 6st semester and farmacology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 12 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/12, only registered: 0/12
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (eng.) (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
understand basic concepts of general and regional anesthesia;
learn basic skills of airway management
- Preoperative evaluation and premedication;
- Airway management
- General anaesthesia
- Regional anaesthesia
- Pain management
- After completing the test - voluntary days in the opperating room and Center for Pain Management: i.v. lines, Bag Mask ventilation, Laryngeal Mask, Intubation, General and Regional anesthesia.
- recommended literature
- BROWN, David L. Atlas of regional anesthesia. Illustrated by Jo Ann Clifford - Joanna Wild. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2006. xviii, 438. ISBN 1416022392. info
- Clinical anesthesia. Edited by Paul G. Barash - Bruce F. Cullen - Robert K. Stoelting. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams-Wilkins, 2001. xvi, 1576. ISBN 0781722683. info
- Anesthesia. Edited by Ronald D. Miller. 5th ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 2000. xx, 1662. ISBN 0443079889. info
- not specified
- TSUI, Ban Chi-Ho. Atlas of ultrasound and nerve stimulation-guided regional anesthesia. Illustrated by Carol T. S. Chan. New York: Springer, 2007. xxiii, 302. ISBN 9780387681580. info
- LARSEN, Reinhard. Anestezie. Translated by Jarmila Drábková. 2. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2004. 1376 s. ISBN 8024704765. info
- LARSEN, Reinhard. Anestezie. Translated by Jarmila Drábková. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 1998. 935 s. ISBN 8071691798. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, simmulation and debriefing
- Assessment methods
- Lectures in the beginning of semester. Internship in operating room and pain clinic after MCQ test and simmulation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.