LF:VSFY0321c Physiology I - practice - Course Information
VSFY0321c Physiology I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Mohamed Al-Kubati, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Markéta Bébarová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Xenie Budínská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Kateřina Fialová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Mgr. Miroslav Jíra, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Lokaj, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zuzana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Veronika Olejníčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Michal Pásek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Robert Roman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tibor Stračina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Zdeněk Wilhelm, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Bc. Eva Závodná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Aleš Dvořák (assistant)
MUDr. Michal Hendrych (assistant)
MUDr. Nikola Kosová (assistant)
MUDr. Daniel Kothaj (assistant)
MUDr. Zuzana Kubecová (assistant)
Mgr. Lea Neumayerová (assistant)
MUDr. Nikola Nováková (assistant)
MUDr. Jan Zawisza (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Marie Nováková, Ph.D.
Department of Physiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Lea Neumayerová
Supplier department: Department of Physiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VSFY0321c/01: Mon 10:30–13:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/02: Mon 10:30–13:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/03: Wed 13:30–16:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/04: Mon 13:30–16:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/05: Mon 13:30–16:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/06: Mon 13:30–16:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/07: Tue 13:00–15:30 A20/114
VSFY0321c/08: Mon 7:30–10:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/09: Mon 10:30–13:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/10: Mon 7:30–10:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/11: Tue 13:00–15:30 A20/114
VSFY0321c/12: Tue 13:00–15:30 A20/114
VSFY0321c/13: Wed 10:30–13:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/14: Wed 10:30–13:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/15: Thu 13:30–16:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/16: Thu 13:30–16:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/17: Thu 13:30–16:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/18: Wed 7:30–10:00 A20/114
VSFY0321c/30: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSFY0321c/31: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSFY0321c/32: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSFY0321c/33: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSFY0321c/34: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSFY0321c/35: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSFY0321c/36: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSFY0321c/37: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VSLC011p Med. Chemistry - lecture && VSBI0222p Biology II -lect. && ( STBF011p Biophysics || VLBF011p Biophysics-lect. ) && VSBC0221s Biochemistry I sem && VSAN0232s Anatomy II - s && VSAN0232c Anatomy II p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (eng.) (programme LF, M-VL)
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, students should be able to apply practically the methods used for examination of the functions of human organ systems. Students will be capable of interpreting the acquired records with respect to physiological processes taking place in human organisms. Next, the students will derive and calculate other parameters and indices routinely used in clinical practice. Students will be able to evaluate the results acquired both by measurement and by calculation, and to explain possible deviations.
- Red blood cell count. Estimation of haemoglobin concentration and of mean corpuscular haemoglobin. Estimation of blood group by slide method. Erythrocyt sedimentation rate. Estimation of osmotic resistance of red blood cells.
- Examination of pulse by palpation. Blood pressure in man. Non-invasive methods of blood pressure measurements. Apex beat, heart sounds. Systolic time intervals. ECG record by means of personal computer. Ergometry. Measurement of pulse wave velocity. Sphygmography. Digital model of aortic function (a simulation program). Blood flow in veins.
- Spirometric examination - Kroghs respirometer, Cosmed . Recording of forced vital capacity. Pneumography. Pneumotachography and estimation of airway resistance.
- required literature
- NOVÁKOVÁ, Zuzana, Robert ROMAN, Mohamed AL-KUBATI, Markéta BÉBAROVÁ, Pavel BRAVENÝ, Alena DAMBORSKÁ, Bohumil FIŠER, Nataša HONZÍKOVÁ, Miloslav KUKLETA, Drahoslava MRÁZOVÁ, Jiří MOUDR, Kateřina NOGOVÁ, Marie NOVÁKOVÁ, Zuzana NOVÁKOVÁ, Michal PÁSEK, Miroslav SVĚTLÁK, Zdeněk WILHELM and Eva ZÁVODNÁ. Praktická cvičení z fyziologie. 2. dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2011. 118 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-4391-6. info
- AL-KUBATI, Mohamed, Markéta BÉBAROVÁ, Pavel BRAVENÝ, Alena DAMBORSKÁ, Bohumil FIŠER, Nataša HONZÍKOVÁ, Miloslav KUKLETA, Drahoslava MRÁZOVÁ, Jiří MOUDR, Kateřina FIALOVÁ, Marie NOVÁKOVÁ, Zuzana NOVÁKOVÁ, Michal PÁSEK, Robert ROMAN, Miroslav SVĚTLÁK, Zdeněk WILHELM and Eva ZÁVODNÁ. Physiology Practicals. 1. dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2010. 109 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-4409-8. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is organized in the form of laboratory practices where students examine each other by given method, and they prepare the report from measured data.
- Assessment methods
- Credits are given on the basis of full attendance in practices and handling of all laboratory reports.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Nutno absolvovat všechna praktická cvičení, absence nahradit v nahrazovacím týdnu.
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2014, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2014/VSFY0321c