FF:AEM_01b Seminar in Methods II - Course Information
AEM_01b Seminar in Archeological Methods IIFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Autumn 2019
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Macháček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Kolář, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Klára Šabatová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Macháček, Ph.D.
Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Šibíčková
Supplier department: Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of this seminar is to practise with the students an individual work with specialist literature from the sphere of the Early Medieval Period, mainly in a foreign language. The output is an analysis of a text in the form of a review for a specialist journal, which is a basis for a discussion of the given topic at the seminar.
- 1. Introduction to the seminar and allocation of specialist works (mainly current monographs) for reviews. 2. Introduction to writing of reviews into specialist journals. 3. - 14. Presentation of reviews of the specialist works in the seminar and a resulting discussion of the current topic. 15. Summation of the seminar.
- MĚŘÍNSKÝ, Zdeněk. České země od příchodu Slovanů II (Czech lands after arrival of the Slavs). 1. vyd. Praha: Libri, 2006. 967 pp. ISBN 80-7277-105-1. info
- MĚŘÍNSKÝ, Zdeněk. České země od příchodu Slovanů po Velkou Moravu I (Czech lands from the comming the Slavs to the Great Moravia I). Praha: LIBRI, 2002. 564 pp. LIBRI, I. ISBN 80-7277-104-3. info
- Teaching methods
- reports and critiques, duscussions of actual archeological problems
- Assessment methods
- Active participation at the seminar. Elaboration of a specialist work review. Presentation of the review at the seminar. Course-unit credit
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: K získání zápočtu je třeba dostatečná a aktivní účast a splnění zadaných úkolů.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/AEM_01b