FF:BA_MgL5 Lithuanian conversation - Course Information
BA_MgL5 Lithuanian conversation for MA digree studentsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mag. Vaidas Šeferis, Dr. phil. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mag. Vaidas Šeferis, Dr. phil.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mag. Vaidas Šeferis, Dr. phil.
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 12:00–13:40 C12
- Very good knowledge of Lithuanian required, i. e. at the level of the bachelor-degree state-exam of Baltic studies at the Faculty of Arts of MU. The course is not accessible for beginners.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Baltic Studies (programme FF, N-BA_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The course is meant as a series of Lithuanian conversational exercises for experienced users, aiming to enrich the active lexicon of users, their practical quittance with Lithuanian syntax and s. o.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this course students should be able to use Lithuanian at ever better level, i. e. to enrich their active lexicon, practical quittance with Lithuanian syntax and be able to translate from and to Lithuanian consequently.
- Differences between the standard and informal Lithuanian. Pronunciation of the spoken Lithuanian. Synonyms of the Lithuanian. Phraseology of the Lithuanian. Allusions, quotations and references to the "common context" in spoken Lithuanian. Pejoratives and expressive phrases in Lithuanian.
- recommended literature
- Vitas Labutis, Lietuvių kalbos sintaksė, 3-iasis leidimas, Vilnius, 2002
- Evalda Jakaitienė, Lietuviškai apie Lietuvą, Vilnius: Alma Littera, 1995
- Irena Ermanyte, Antonimu žodynas, Vilnius: LKI, 2003
- Elektronický zdroj: Bendrinės lietuvių kalbos žodynas. Přístupný na http://bkz.lki.lt/
- LYBERIS, Antanas. Sinonimu žodynas. Antrasis pataisytas leidimas. Vilnius: Lietuviu kalbos instituto leidykla, 2002. xiv, 582. ISBN 9986668328. info
- Teaching methods
- Simultaneous and consecutive translation. Prepared and unprepared speech.
- Assessment methods
- The course is closed by oral exam, where student must hold a prepared speech and translate an unknown text from and in to Lithuanian.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/BA_MgL5