FF:IM139 TIM_Master classes - Course Information
IM139 TIM_Master classesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Roman Novotný (lecturer)
Mgr. Veronika Sellner (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 18:00–20:40 N21
- Ability to understand lectures held in English language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 16/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce students to various areas of artistic and creative practice, design, urbanism, issues related to current philosophical thinking and their placement in the socio-political context. Emphasis is placed on connecting the academic sphere with experts from practice. At the end of the course, students will be oriented in the above areas, in relation to the field of study and their own study interest.
- Learning outcomes
- - to orientate in contemporary social, political and artistic contexts
- think critically about phenomena associated with art, design, urbanism and technology
- apply theoretical skills to practical examples from the field
- use the acquired practical skills in application to theories of interactive media
- The course is designed as a series of lectures by experts from various fields from social theory through urbanism to current thinking. Due to the complexity of lectures, the course is recommended to students from the 3rd semester of study. In the semester SPRING 2021, the content of the course will be divided between lectures mediated by TIM FF MU and FaVU VUT.
- RYCHLÍKOVÁ, Apolena, Lukáš LIKAVČAN, Josef PATOČKA, Šárka HOMFRAY, Jaroslav FIALA, Klára VLASÁKOVÁ, Eliška ČERNÁ, Růžena DUNKOVÁ, Eva LEHOTSKÁ, Václav WALACH, Petr KUPKA, Jan BITTNER, Marie HEŘMANOVÁ, Tereza VIRTOVÁ, Martin VRBA, Johana KOTIŠOVÁ, Matěj SCHNEIDER, Fatima RAHIMI, Jakub ORT, Pavel STEREC, Alžběta BAČÍKOVÁ, Tereza STEJSKALOVÁ, Petr BITTNER, Gaby KHAZALOVÁ, Lydie Franka BARTOŠOVÁ, Monika MIHALIČKOVÁ, Marie JÍLKOVÁ, Anna KÁRNÍKOVÁ, Bára BAŽANTOVÁ, Matěj METELEC, Kateřina SMEJKALOVÁ and Lukáš SENFT. Budoucnost. Vydání první. V Praze: Družstevní nakladatelství IDEA, 2020. 4 svazky. ISBN 9788090777507. info
- ESCOBAR, Arturo. Designs for the pluriverse : radical interdependence, autonomy and the making of worlds. Durham: Duke University Press, 2018. xxi, 290. ISBN 9780822371052. info
- TAN, Ekim. Play the city : games informing the urban development. Heijningen, the Netherlands: Jap Sam books, 2017. 392 stran. ISBN 9789490322878. info
- LATOUR, Bruno. Stopovat a skládat světy s Brunem Latourem : výbor z textů 1988-2013. Edited by Tereza Stöckelová, Translated by Čestmír Pelikán. Vydání první. Praha: tranzit.cz, 2016. 250 stran. ISBN 9788087259375. info
- FISHER, Mark. Kapitalistický realismus. Translated by Radovan Baroš. Praha: Rybka, 2010. 107 s. ISBN 9788087067697. info
- JENKINS, Henry. Convergence culture : where old and new media collide. 1st published in paperback. London: New York University Press, 2008. xi, 353. ISBN 9780814742952. info
- BARKER, Chris. Cultural studies : theory and practice. Edited by Paul E. Willis. 2nd ed. London: SAGE Publications, 2003. xxii, 485. ISBN 0761941568. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures will take place through the Zoom platform.
- Assessment methods
- - compulsory attendance min. 60%
- essay / elaboration of topic relevant to presentations
- if necessary, structured interview with an expert on a selected topic
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- The course is realized in cooperation with the Faculty of Fine Arts, VUT.