FF:PAM003 Educational Policy - Course Information
PAM003 Educational PolicyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Milada Rabušicová, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Milada Rabušicová, Dr.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. et Mgr. Klára Harvánková
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 12:00–13:40 B2.23
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Educational policy The course deals with the educational policy as a part of the large concept of social policy within various types of the welfare state and with the development of the educational policy in the Czech Republic in the 90s. The course puts the Czech educational policy into connection with educational strategies of the European Union and OECD member countries. In the conclusion attention will be paid to the selected topics of the contemporary educational policy in this country.
- Learning outcomes
- describe and explain the main mechanisms applied in the management and administration of the education system; analyse educational policy measures in terms of its objectives; identify the main principles of educational policy and show concrete ways to implement them; orient oneself in the legislative and programme documents of educational policy at the level of the Czech Republic and the EU; comment on and evaluate current educational policy measures
- 1. Educational policy as a part of a broader concept of social policy in various types of the social state (developments, actors, principles, and areas).
- . 2. Development of Czech educational system in the second half of the 20th century (part I).
- . 3. Development of Czech educational system in the second half of the 20th century (part II).
- . 4. Development of Czech educational policy from 1990s to the present and its analysis, particular changes that took place and their evaluation. Temporal classification of Czech educational reforms.
- .5. Educational strategies in the EU as the context for Czech educational policy. Principles of educational policy in the EU.
- . 6. Activities and educational strategies of OECD member states as the context for Czech educational policy. Principles of educational policy in the OECD.
- . 7. Life-long learning for all principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 8. Equal education opportunities principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 9. Employability principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 10. Social solidarity and social relevance principles – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 11. Internalization in education principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 12. Human resources development and quality management in Czech and EU education.
- RABUŠICOVÁ, Milada. Public policies for Early Childhood Education in the Czech Republic. In Early Childhood Education, An International Encyclopedia. 1. vyd. Westport, Connecticut, London: Praeger Publishers, 2007. p. 1031-1034, 4 pp. 4. Vol. ISBN 0-313-34143-5. info
- PRŮCHA, Jan. Vzdělávání a školství ve světě :základní mezinárodní komparace vzdělávacích systémů. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1999. 319 s. ISBN 80-7178-290-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Combination of theoretical lectures with class discussion, presentations of own evaluation of current steps of educational policy.
- Assessment methods
- lecture, seminar, seminar thesis presentation and written exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět je vyučován i v anglickém jazyce.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/PAM003