FF:PAM007 Management of Education - Course Information
PAM007 Management of Education ProcessesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Milan Pol, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Sedláček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Milan Pol, CSc.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. et Mgr. Klára Harvánková
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- each even Tuesday 16:00–17:40 B2.43
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/25, only registered: 0/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is concerned with specific issues of the management of institutions, the educational institutions in particular, and also with the management of processes which take place in such institutions. In the course the students will get acquainted with all the main aspects of running schools and other educational institutions (management of people, material sources, curriculum and external relationships in particular) and fundamental management processes (planning, leadership, motivation, decision-making, evaluation etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the students will: - understand basic concepts of leadership, management and governance of organisations and institutions, particularly those focused on education; - describe and characterize main trends in leadership, management and governance, both nationally, and internationally; - analyse current knowledge in the field of educational leadership, management, and governance.
- 1. General management and educational management: historical development, inter-relations, basic characteristics. 2. Educational organisations and their management: institutional, organisational and communal perspective. 3. Basic categories of management: vision, mission, aims, goals, objectives. 4. Culture and structure of organisation. 5. Main processes of management: planning, decision-making, organising, controlling, and more. 6. Models of management of educational organisations. 7. Main conceptions of management and their use in educational organisations. 8. Czech schools and their leadership, management and governance: curriculum reforms in schools. 9. Czech schools and their leadership, management and governance: evaluation and self-evaluation in schools. 10. Czech schools and their leadership, management and governance: external relations. 11. Czech schools and their leadership, management and governance: staff professional development. 12. Management of other educational institutions: current trends and issues.
- required literature
- POL, Milan. Škola v proměnách. 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. 194 stran. ISBN 9788021044999. info
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav. Management - organizování, rozhodování, ovlivňování. 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-3275-6. info
- recommended literature
- GOLD, Anne. Řízení současné školy :o práci učitelů na střední úrovni řízení. Vyd. 1. Žďár nad Sázavou: Fakta, 1998. 164 s. ISBN 80-902614-0-X. info
- GIARRATANA, Neil. Priority ředitele : vše, co potřebujete vědět, abyste se stali úspěšnými vedoucími pracovníky. Olomouc: Anag, 2014. 223 s. ISBN 9788072638970. info
- POL, Milan, Lenka HLOUŠKOVÁ, Bohumíra LAZAROVÁ, Petr NOVOTNÝ and Martin SEDLÁČEK. Když se školy učí (When schools learn). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 196 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6130-9. info
- FISCHER, Walter A. and Michael SCHRATZ. Vedení a rozvoj školy : do budoucnosti s novou kulturou řízení. Translated by Ludmila Studénková - Zdena Kuchařová Kalná - Tomáš Káňa. Brno: Paido, 1997. 173 s. ISBN 8085931346. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in both lecture, and seminar forms. The group work is used as well as essay-writing. Students are encouraged to ask questions about issues they do not understand and comment on things they disagree with.
- Assessment methods
- written tests
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/PAM007