FF:PGM004 Management of education Proces - Course Information
PGM004 Management of education ProcessesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Milan Pol, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Sedláček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Milan Pol, CSc.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Zelená
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- each even Tuesday 16:00–17:40 B2.43
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 8/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is concerned with specific issues of the management of institutions, the educational institutions in particular, and also with the management of processes which take place in such institutions. In the course the students will get acquainted with all the main aspects of running schools and other educational institutions (management of people, material sources, curriculum and outer relationships in particular) and fundamental management processes (planning, leadership, motivation, decision-making, evaluation etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the students will: - understand basic concepts of leadership, management and governance of organisations and institutions, particularly those focused on education; - describe and characterize main trends in leadership, management and governance, both nationally, and internationally; - analyse current knowledge in the field of educational leadership, management, and governance.
- 1. Theory of school management: history, relation to other discipline
- 2. Organization, educational institution, school community
- 3. Category of school management: management, leadership, administration
- 4. Organizational culture
- 5. Decision making, control,
- 6. Czech schools and their management and leadership: curriculum reform (case study)
- 7. Czech schools and their management and leadership: school image (case study)
- 8. Czech schools and their management and leadership: leading people (case study)
- 9. Czech schools and their management and leadership: evaluation (case study)
- required literature
- POL, Milan. Škola v proměnách. 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. 194 stran. ISBN 9788021044999. info
- recommended literature
- GOLD, Anne. Řízení současné školy : o práci učitelů na střední úrovni řízení. Vyd. 1. Žďár nad Sázavou: Fakta, 1998. 164 s. ISBN 80-902614-0-X. info
- FISCHER, Walter A. and Michael SCHRATZ. Vedení a rozvoj školy : do budoucnosti s novou kulturou řízení. Translated by Ludmila Studénková - Zdena Kuchařová Kalná - Tomáš Káňa. Brno: Paido, 1997. 173 s. ISBN 8085931346. info
- GIARRATANA, Neil. Priority ředitele : vše, co potřebujete vědět, abyste se stali úspěšnými vedoucími pracovníky. Olomouc: Anag, 2014. 223 s. ISBN 9788072638970. info
- POL, Milan, Lenka HLOUŠKOVÁ, Bohumíra LAZAROVÁ, Petr NOVOTNÝ and Martin SEDLÁČEK. Když se školy učí (When schools learn). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 196 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6130-9. info
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav. Management - organizování, rozhodování, ovlivňování. 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-3275-6. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in both lecture, and seminar forms. The group work is used as well as essay-writing. Students are encouraged to ask questions about issues they do not understand and comment on things they disagree with.
- Assessment methods
- written tests
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/PGM004