FF:PV2A207 Historical German Language I - Course Information
PV2A207 Historical German Language IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Vlastimil Brom, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Dalibor Havel, Ph.D.
Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Olga Barová
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 10:00–11:40 J21
- ! AR2A103 Historical German Language I &&! PV2A103 Historical German Language I &&! NOWANY ( AR2A103 Historical German Language I , PV2A103 Historical German Language I , AR2A207 Historical German Language I )
An everyday communicative knowledge of German; the ability to read and understand normal texts in contemporary German.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Auxiliary Historical Sciences (programme FF, N-PV_) (3)
- Course objectives
- During the course, students will acquire a comprehensive overview of the development of the older phases of the German language, including an outline of the Indo-European and Germanic bases. Attention is especially focused on phonology and morphology, but also on the development of graphic systems, and a basic overview of the historical, social and cultural context etc.
- Learning outcomes
- In practical tasks the students will acquire knowledge of the later Gothic and cursive texts in German and broaden their language skills and ability to reflect on developmental changes, as well as stylistic and content analyses of older texts.
- Language development and its characteristics;
- Indo-European protolanguage, Germanic languages, Old Upper German - basic overview of spelling and morphology;
- Middle High German, problems of transcription and normalization; Overview of German dialects;
- A brief overview of written systems, the specifics of German-language texts;
- Cursive and Gothic print
- MASAŘÍK, Zdeněk. Historická němčina pro archiváře. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1993. 133 s. ISBN 8021008075. info
- MASAŘÍK, Zdeněk and Vlastimil BROM. Historische Entwicklung des Deutschen: Übersichtstabellen - Kommentare - Textproben (Historical Development of German - Tables - Comments - Texts). Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2005. 129 pp. 1. Vyd. ISBN 80-210-3696-6. info
- BOKOVÁ, Hildegard and Libuše SPÁČILOVÁ. Kurzes frühneuhochdeutsches Glossar zu Quellen aus den böhmischen Ländern. Edited by Václav Bok - Vladimír Spáčil - Jana Kusová. 1. vydání. V Olomouci: Univerzita Palackého, 2003. xxxv, 536. ISBN 802440737X. info
- studijní materiály v Elfu
- Teaching methods
- Lecture; practical work with a text - historical content and linguistic interpretation.
- Assessment methods
- Continuous work during semester; final written test - credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/PV2A207