FSS:BSSn4408 Thesis - Course Information
BSSn4408 ThesisFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 20 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Vendula Divišová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jakub Drmola, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Jan Holzer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Roman Chytilek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Konečná, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Josef Kraus, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. JUDr. PhDr. Miroslav Mareš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Miriam Matejova, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Petra Mlejnková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Aneta Pinková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Josef Procházka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Věra Stojarová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. PhDr. Miroslav Mareš, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Pospíšilová
Supplier department: Division of Security and Strategic Studies - Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! BSS408 Thesis && ! NOW ( BSS408 Thesis )
Students enrol this course in their last intended term before they sit for final exam. Defence of the thesis is a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Security and Strategic Studies (programme FSS, N-BSS)
- Security and Strategic Studies (programme FSS, N-PL)
- Course objectives
- The student’s task is to conduct an independent research under the guidance of their supervisor in the field of their study. Results of this research are then to be analyzed and presented as an academic text, in the length and formal standards common in their field (incl. structure of the thesis, abstract, key words, format, citation standard and list of references and bibliography).
- Learning outcomes
- Graduates of this course will then be able to define a specific research topic in their field, independently conduct a research and analyze collected data to compose academic text meeting the theoretical, methodological and formal standards in their field. Students are also ready to defend their thesis.
- 1. Frameworking. 2. Research design. 3. Research. 4. Writing. 5. Diskussion; 6. Finalization
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- This course takes the form of individual consultations of students’ theses with their supervisors
- Assessment methods
- The course concludes with a credit granted by the supervisor upon the condition that the student submits their thesis in time. The thesis needs to meet the terms set in the assignment and comply with formal requirements and standards in the respective field of research.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2022, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2022/BSSn4408