FSS:PSYb1930 Baccalaureate thesis seminar - Course Information
PSYb1930 Baccalaureate thesis seminarFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jan Širůček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Macek, CSc. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jan Širůček, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Širůček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! PSY193 Baccalaureate thesis seminar
Students enrol this course in their last intended term before they sit for final exam. Defence of the thesis is a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The student’s task is to conduct an independent research under the guidance of their supervisor in the field of their study. Results of this research are then to be analyzed and presented as an academic text, in the length and formal standards common in their field (incl. structure of the thesis, abstract, key words, format, citation standard and list of references and bibliography).
- Learning outcomes
- Graduates of this course will then be able to:
- define a specific research topic and research question;
- conduct an appropriate research;
- compose academic text meeting the theoretical, methodological and formal standards in psychology;
- respond appropriately to the reviewer's comments.
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor in all stages of thesis completion.
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- SEIDL, Ivan. Návod na sepsání diplomové práce a české (nejenom vysokoškolské) prostředí. (How to Write a Dissertation and the Czech (and not only) University Environment(s).). In Umberto Eco, Jak napsat diplomovou praci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. p. 5-13. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- individual consultations, reading the literature
- Assessment methods
- The course takes place in the form of individual consultations with the supervisor. It ends with a credit awarded by the course supervisor. A condition for the award of credit is the submission of the bachelor thesis in its complete form (not necessarily with all formal modifications) 14 days before the deadline for the submission of the final version. This pre-final version is used for the last check of the thesis by the supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: individuální konzultace dle potřeby.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2023/PSYb1930