FSS:SPPd0004 Thesis Aim Workshop - Course Information
SPPd0004 Thesis Aim WorkshopFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 25 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Kateřina Kubalčíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Pavel Navrátil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Designing and substantiating the research question of the dissertation.
- Learning outcomes
- Designing an application problem. Designing and research problém. Specify a research question based on the formulation of application and reserach problems.
- Application problem. Interpreting rlevant literature on the application problem. Intepreting relevant literature on the research problem. Research problem. Knowledge relevant to solve the application and the research problem. Research question concerning relevant knowledge.
- ABEND, G. 2008. The Meaning of Theory. Sociological Theory. 26(2), 173-199.
- SCHUTT, R. K. 2009. Investigating the Social World. Thousand Oaks, Caligornia: Pine Forge Press.
- Teaching methods
- reading, homework, discussing with supervisor
- Assessment methods
- feedback in terms of congruence among application problem, research problem, and reserach question as well as in terms of its substatiation by published knowledge
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2022, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2022/SPPd0004