FSS:SPPd0009 Presentation of Thesis Concept - Course Information
SPPd0009 Presentation of Thesis ConceptualisationFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 35 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Hora, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Kubalčíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Pavel Navrátil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Gabriela Vaceková, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Pavel Navrátil, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- The course has no formal prerequisites, but it is assumed that the participant has a well-set goal for his/her dissertation.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims to prepare and defend a detailed dissertation project proposal.
- Learning outcomes
- The outcome of the course is a research project of the doctoral theses accepted by the scientific community.
- The project proposal contains: Title:
- A clear and concise title that represents the main theme of the research.
- Background and significance of the study, placing the research within the context of existing literature.
- Research Questions:
- Clearly defined questions the research aims to answer.
- Explanation of the intent of the study and what it aims to achieve.
- Theoretical Framework:
- A discussion of the theories or models guiding the research.
- Research Design: Description of how the research will be conducted.
- Sample: Description of participants, their selection process, and justification for choosing them.
- Data Collection Methods: Explanation of tools and techniques such as interviews, focus groups, observations, etc.
- Data Analysis Procedures: Detailed steps on how the collected data will be analyzed.
- Ethical Considerations:
- Discussion of ethical issues and how they will be addressed.
- Potential weaknesses of the study.
- Expected Outcomes:
- What the research hopes to uncover or achieve.
- A schedule for each phase of the research.
- Estimated costs associated with the research.
- List of sources consulted or cited.
- recommended literature
- How to Conceptualize Reserach: Getting Started and Advancing Projects. Sage, 2016
- Teaching methods
- presenting project;
- oral as well as written responding to feedback
- Assessment methods
- Adequacy of the project in terms of the research question;
- Comprehensiveness of the project elaboration;
- Acceptance or rejection of the submitted conceptualization by the scientific community;
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Teacher's information
- A project is considered accepted by the scientific community if it is presented at a conference (student, scientific) or presented at a public defense organized by the supervisor.