PřF:Bi5220c Immunology - pr. - Course Information
Bi5220c Immunology - practical courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Alena Žákovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Mgr. Monika Dušková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Dobeš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Hurychová (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Lukáš Kubala, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Lukáš Kubala, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Alena Žákovská, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Bi5220c/B1: Mon 14. 6. 8:00–12:00 D36/215
Bi5220c/B2: Mon 14. 6. 13:00–17:00 D36/215
Bi5220c/B3: Tue 15. 6. 8:00–12:00 D36/215
Bi5220c/B4: Tue 15. 6. 13:00–17:00 D36/215
Bi5220c/01: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Mon 13:00–14:50 online_B6, M. Dušková
Bi5220c/03: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Wed 12:00–13:50 online_B6, A. Žákovská
Bi5220c/04: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Mon 13:00–14:50 D36/215, P. Dobeš
Bi5220c/05: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Mon 15:00–16:50 D36/215, J. Hurychová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi5220 Immunology || Bi5220en Immunology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The exercise follows the basic lecture on Immunology. The main focus is theoretical and practical acquaintance with the methods used in immunological research and clinical laboratory practice. Taught methodologies belong to basic immunological methods. Emphasis is placed on students' own practical activities and the acquisition of good laboratory practice.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- describe the structure and function of immune organs and cells
- know the principles of basic immunological methods and will be able to use them in research
- describe the advantages and disadvantages of immunological methods and apply them appropriately
- perform a basic blood sample analysis
- perform and evaluate measurements of major immune parameters
- 1. Histology of immune organs 2. Celular immunity and cells mediating the immune response 3. Immuno-diffusion: determination of lysozyme activity by radial diffusion 4. Phagocytic activity: measurement of oxidative burst by chemiluminometric method 5. Isolation of immune cells: separation of lymphocytes by gradient sedimentation 6. Hemagglutination methods: determination of blood groups 7. Invertebrate immunity: determination of phenoloxidase activity 8. Antioxidants: measurement of total antioxidant activity using TRAP method 9. Determination of antibodies: immuno-diffusion and turbidimetry 10. Chemiluminescent method for measurement of complement activity 11. Immunoelectrophoresis: detection of proteins in blood serum
- Vít Hubinka, Monika Dušková, Alena Žákovská, Karel Vostal, Pavel Dobeš. Praktická cvičení z imunologie. Skriptum, MU, Brno, 2010.
- HOŘEJŠÍ, Václav and Jiřina BARTŮŇKOVÁ. Základy imunologie. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Triton, 1998. 219 s. ISBN 808587573X. info
- Teaching methods
- practical course
- Assessment methods
- Attendance in the course and protocols from all lessons are compulsory; final exam in written form consisting of 20 questions minimum pass level 75 %.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Na předmět se vztahuje povinnost registrace, bez registrace může být znemožněn zápis předmětu!
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2021, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/Bi5220c