PřF:Bi7124 Statistics in Anthropogenetics - Course Information
Bi7124 Application of Statistics in AntropogeneticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Marie Budíková, Dr. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Zeman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Drozdová, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Tomáš Zeman, Ph.D.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( MAS01 Applied statistics I )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (programme PřF, N-EXB, specialization Antropogenetika)
- Course objectives
- Statistical evaluation of results is an essential part of many anthropological researches. In the exercises the principles of basic statistical methods will be explained using examples from common practice. Students will be able to recognize situations where individual statistical methods can be used in practice, and to choose the most appropriate method under specific circumstances. They will exercise their computational skills necessary for statistical testing of hypotheses and simplifying the data file. Students will also learn to perform these basic statistical tests in Statistica 10 software.
- 1) Descriptive statistics, absolute frequency, relative frequency, conditional relative frequency
- 2) Descriptive statistics, sample mean, variance and standard deviation
- 3) Types of data, nominal scale, ordinal scale, interval scale, ratio scale
- 4) Probability, conditional probability, 1. Bayes formula
- 5) Binomial distribution, Poisson distribution
- 6) Normal distribution, statistical tables
- 7) T-test, F-test, hypotheses testing
- 8) Normality tests, Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, Lilliefors test
- 9) ANOVA, multiple comparisons
- 10) Sign test, Wilcoxon test, Kolmogorov-Smirnov test
- 11) Contingency table, Fisher exact test, Chi-squared test
- 12) Pearson correlation coefficient, Spearman rank correlation coefficient
- 13) Pearson correlation coefficient, linear regression
- BUDÍKOVÁ, Marie, Maria KRÁLOVÁ and Bohumil MAROŠ. Průvodce základními statistickými metodami (Guide to basic statistical methods). vydání první. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2010. 272 pp. edice Expert. ISBN 978-80-247-3243-5. URL info
- Teaching methods
- exercises, 2 hours a week, in the first hour examples are calculated, second hour is devouted to the work with statistical software STATISTICA.
- Assessment methods
- Credit will be granted after gaining at least half points from tests written during semester. 3 absences are allowed.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2013/Bi7124