PřF:Bi8572 Microb. Dipl. Thesis II - Course Information
Bi8572 Microbiology Diploma Thesis IIFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Benešík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tibor Botka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Monika Dolejská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Tomáš Freiberger, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Veronika Holá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Ivo Rudolf, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Daniel Růžek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Filip Růžička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Kateřina Snopková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Iva Sukkar, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Tomáš Vítěz, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Monika Vítězová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Monika Vítězová, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Monika Vítězová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi7572 Microb. Dipl. Thesis I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to work with scientific literature, to identify the problem, formulate hypothesis which is subsequently tested by the series of suitable experiments in laboratories of the Section of Microbiology or collaborating laboratories of other scientific institutes.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:;
- orientate in basic skills and knowledge in the field of microbiology;
- write a coherent text based on the previous study of the relevant literature;
- work in lab
- 1. Literature search 2. Identification of problem 3. Hypothesis formulation 4. Testing of hypothesis in laboratory 5. Processing of experimental data 6. Writing of Master’s thesis
- recommended literature
- HIERHOLD, Emil. Rétorika a prezentace. Translated by Petr Kunst. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2005. 392 s. ISBN 8024707829. info
- ŠESTÁK, Zdeněk. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Illustrated by Hana Kymrová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1999. 204 s. ISBN 8020007555. info
- not specified
- Selection of items corresponding with the topic of master s thesis
- Výběr literatury dle tématu Diplomové práce.
- Teaching methods
- study of scientific literature, experimental work at laboratory, evaluation of results, writing theses/scientific papers
- Assessment methods
- Consultation with supervisor, study of scientific literature, experimental work in laboratory, evaluation of results, writing and defending Master’s thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses