PřF:Bi9393cen Analytical Cytometry Practice - Course Information
Bi9393cen Analytical Cytometry – Practical CourseFaculty of Science
The course is not taught in autumn 2021
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Karel Souček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Karel Souček, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Karel Souček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! Bi9393c Anal.cytometry - Pract.course ) && ! NOWANY ( Bi9393c Anal.cytometry - Pract.course ) && NOW ( Bi9393en Analytical Cytometry )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Molecular and Cell Biology (programme PřF, N-MCBE)
- Course objectives
- Practical training in basic methods of flow cytometry and image analysis.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will learn basic methods of cell analysis using flow cytometry including sample preparation acquisition and data analysis.
- Basic training in operation of routine flow cytometer FACSCalibur. Setup, calibration, quality control. Basic training in operation of high speed sorter. Setup, calibration, quality control. Cell cycle analysis. Immunophenotype analysis. GFP expression analysis and sorting. Data analysis - software FlowJo.
- recommended literature
- SHAPIRO, Howard M. Practical flow cytometry. 4th ed. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, 2003. xlix, 681. ISBN 0471411256. info
- Teaching methods
- practical training
- Assessment methods
- Evaluation of protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2021/Bi9393cen