PřF:E3041 Public Health Prot - Pract - Course Information
E3041 Public Health Protection - PracticalsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- MUDr. Martin Bobák, M.Sc., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Anna Bartošková (lecturer)
Mgr. Andrea Dalecká, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Eliška Hrežová (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Janoš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Katarzyna Kordas, PhD (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Ondřej Mikeš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Nina Pálešová (seminar tutor)
Bc. Barbora Rudzanová, MSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Daniel Szabó (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Martin Bobák, M.Sc., Ph.D.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: MUDr. Martin Bobák, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Supplier department: RECETOX - Faculty of Science
- Thu 11:00–11:50 D29/252-RCX1
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( E3040 Public Health Protection )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Environment and Health (programme PřF, B-ZPZ)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to expand awareness of the current topics of public health protection, improve the level of skills of work with information about health and their interpretation. An important objective of the exercise will be to build your own critical thinking in health and health issues. Emphasis will be placed primarily on individual ability to acquire, evaluate and interpret relevant information regarding selected public health topics.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- define current problems of public health protection
- Search, evaluate and interpret information about the health phenomenon or risk factor
- discuss the study topic with other students
- 1. Availability of information about public health protection on the Internet - publication of results, open data sources, communication with the public
- 2. Resources and verification of information, principles of critical thinking in Health issues
- 3. Presentation of students on selected current topics of public health protection
- TUČEK, Milan. Hygiena a epidemiologie. 2., doplněné vydání. Praha: Univerzita Karlova, nakladatelství Karolinum, 2018. 358 stran. ISBN 9788024639338. info
- TUČEK, Milan and Alena SLÁMOVÁ. Hygiena a epidemiologie pro bakaláře. 2., doplněné vydání. Praha: Univerzita Karlova, nakladatelství Karolinum, 2018. 216 stran. ISBN 9788024639321. info
- Health literacy : the solid facts. Edited by Ilona Kickbusch. Copenhagen: World Health Organization, 2013. vi, 73. ISBN 9789289000154. info
- OECD/European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (2021), Czech Republic: Country Health Profile 2021, State of Health in the EU, OECD Publishing, Paris, https://doi.org/10.1787/8b341a5e-en.
- MZ ČR. Zdraví 2030. Strategický rámec rozvoje péče o zdraví v České republice do roku 2030. Praha 2020. Dostupné na: https://zdravi2030.mzcr.cz/zdravi-2030-strategicky-ramec.pdf
- Teaching methods
- The subject is realized in the form of regular exercises. The introductory sessions will present sources of information on the issue of public health protection and the principles of information literacy in health topics. Subsequent sessions will be in the form of a presentation of the current topic of public health protection students, which will be followed by a group discussion.
- Assessment methods
- The basic element of the evaluation will be a presentation on the topic of the current problem of public health protection (20 % of the stamp). For the evaluation of the presentation, several criteria will be assessed that will be presented at the beginning of the semester. The evaluation will also include the individual activity of the student and participate in joint discussions (15 % of the stamp).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2023/E3041