ESF:BPF_AFIN Finance (Basics) - Course Information
BPF_AFIN Finance (Basics)Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Ing. Luděk Benada, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Lukáš Marek (lecturer)
Ing. Luděk Benada, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lukáš Marek (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Luděk Benada, Ph.D.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 10:00–11:50 S305, except Tue 14. 9., except Tue 2. 11.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! BPF_ZAFI Basic Finance ) && (! MPF_AFIN Finance (Basics) ) && (! BPF_AFIC Finance (for Czech studies) ) && (! NOWANY ( BPF_ZAFI Basic Finance , BPF_AFIC Finance (for Czech studies) ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 24 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 21/24, only registered: 0/24, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/24
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Management and Finance (programme ESF, B-BMF)
- Economics and Public Policy (programme ESF, B-EPP)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme ESF, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Economics and Administration (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with basis and general principles of finance. The participants gain insight into the function, organization and entities of financial system. Further, there will be given an introduction to banking and non-banking institutions, corporate finance, investment, presonal finance and international finance.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to:
- understand the main function of financial system
- aplicate the concept of time value of capital
- apply basic knowledge from the company´s financial management
- take basic infromation from capital markets and interpret it
- understand the issue of personal finance and practicaly apply the annuity calculation
- understand a simplified scheme of international finance
- 1. Introduction to finance;
- 2. Financial markets and Latest trends on financial markets;
- 3. Banks and bank systems;
- 4. Other financial institutions;
- 5. Time value of money;
- 6.Test no. 1;
- 7. Corporate finance;
- 8. Personal finance;
- 9. Annuities;
- 10. Investment;
- 11. International financial system: International finance and international financial institutions;
- 12. Summary and repetition
- required literature
- MELICHER, Ronald W. and Edgar NORTON. Introduction to finance : markets, investments, and financial management. Fifteenth edition. Hoboken: Wiley, 2014. xix, 587. ISBN 9781118492673. info
- GITMAN, Lawrence J., Michael D. JOEHNK and Randall S. BILLINGSLEY. Personal financial planning. 13th edition. United States: South-Western Cengage Learning, 2014. xix, 635. ISBN 9781111971649. info
- recommended literature
- BREALEY, Richard A., Stewart C. MYERS and Franklin ALLEN. Principles of corporate finance. global, 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2011. 944 s. ISBN 9781259009518. info
- MISHKIN, Frederic S. and Stanley G. EAKINS. Financial markets and institutions : global edition. 7th ed. Boston: Pearson, 2012. 663, 16. ISBN 9780273754442. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, reading, class discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Examination is a written test (a condition of successful completion of examination test is to achieve at least 60%. The maximum achievable score is 100, the minimum for the test is 60 points. For the evaluation of students, the following scale is used: A 90 - 100%, B 80 - 89.75%, C 70 - 79.75%, D 60 - 79.75%, E 50 - 59.75%, F less than 60%). Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2021/BPF_AFIN