ESF:BPH_MAR1 Marketing - Course Information
BPH_MAR1 MarketingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Ondřej Částek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Renata Čuhlová, Ph.D., BA (Hons) (lecturer)
Ing. Dušan Mladenović, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Ondřej Částek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Renata Čuhlová, Ph.D., BA (Hons) (seminar tutor)
Prateek Kalia, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Ladislava Kuchynková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Ondřej Částek, Ph.D.
Department of Business Management - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Business Management - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 14:00–15:50 P101
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPH_MAR1/02: Thu 10:00–11:50 S310, R. Čuhlová, L. Kuchynková
BPH_MAR1/03: Thu 12:00–13:50 S310, O. Částek, L. Kuchynková
BPH_MAR1/04: Wed 10:00–11:50 P302a, R. Čuhlová, L. Kuchynková
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! BPH_ZMAR Basic Marketing )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 153 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 4/153, only registered: 0/153
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Management (programme ESF, B-EKM)
- Business Management (programme ESF, B-PEM)
- Business Management (programme ESF, M-EKM)
- Course objectives
- The course is the introduction to marketing. Its aim is to equip students with necessary knowledge and ability to independently realise parts of process of marketing plan development.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- explain various perspectives of marketing management, marketing in general and its various types;
- describe various elements of the marketing mix;
- explain the specifics of marketing mix management;
- identify key points of consumer purchasing behavior from the point of view of marketing;
- use correctly specific methods of analysis of the environment;
- evaluate aims according to SMART rule;
- create a marketing plan on the basis of the acquired knowledge;
- apply the chosen apps for marketing purposes.
- The course consists of lectures (the content of each lecture is mentioned below) and seminars focusing on current corporate environment case studies:
- - introduction to the topic (evolution of the view of the function of marketing, specific marketing management concepts, different types of marketing, the marketing mix);
- - corporate environment (difference between macro and micro environment, detailed definition of corporate macro environmental factors, detailed definition of corporate micro environmental factors, analyses definition (SWOT analysis, STEP analysis, Porter analysis of five competitive forces);
- - segmentation, targeting, positioning;
- - marketing plan construction (explanation of the importance of marketing plan, structure of marketing plan, demonstration of marketing plan construction on a real-life marketing campaign);
- - marketing research (marketing information system and its relationship to marketing research, relevance of marketing research, types of marketing research, their advantages and disadvantages, research process and its demand for information, selection of a sample group);
- - purchasing behaviour of customers (purchase behaviour models, psychological factors influencing purchasing behaviour, current researches in purchasing behaviour);
- - product (identity and image, layers of the product, production line, production mix, brand and brand policy, demonstration on specific examples, product life cycle and relevant strategies, criticism of the conception of product life cycle, portfolio analysis and relevant models, criticism of portfolio analysis);
- - price (basic and specific view of price in marketing concept, factors influencing the method of price determination, pricing strategies);
- - distribution (marketing distribution channel, levels of marketing distribution channel with their advantages and disadvantages, types of marketing distribution channels, types of marketing distribution system, types of distribution, advantages and disadvantages);
- - promotion (integrated communication mix, instruments of communication mix and methods of budget setting);
- - global marketing (levels of international involvement, internationalization and globalization, problematic issues of global marketing mix management, demonstration on specific examples).
- required literature
- FORET, Miroslav, Klára KAŠPAROVÁ, Michael DOLEŽAL and Radoslav ŠKAPA. Marketing. 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2004. 166 pp. ISBN 80-210-3500-5. info
- KOTLER, Philip and Kevin Lane KELLER. Marketing management. Translated by Martin Machek - Tomáš Juppa. 14. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 814 s. ISBN 9788024741505. URL info
- recommended literature
- CIMLER, Petr and Dana ZADRAŽILOVÁ. Retail management. Vyd. 1. Praha: Management Press, 2007. 307 s. ISBN 9788072611676. info
- not specified
- LOSEKOOT, Michelle and Eliška VYHNÁNKOVÁ. Jak na sítě : ovládněte čtyři principy úspěchu na sociálních sítích. Vydání první. V Brně: Jan Melvil Publishing, 2019. 325 stran. ISBN 9788075550842. URL info
- KARLÍČEK, Miroslav. Základy marketingu. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 255 s. ISBN 9788024742083. info
- KIM, W. Chan and Renée MAUBORGNE. Nová strategie modrého oceánu : pět kroků jak se posunout do modrého oceánu, vyhnout se konkurenci a zajistit si tak ziskový růst. V nakladatelství Management. Praha: Management Press, 2018. 264 stran. ISBN 9788072615476. info
- Teaching methods
- Primary teaching methods used are lectures and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- 1 mid-term written test (composed of open questions), final written test (composed of a combination of open and closed questions), 2 team projects and their defense.
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Pro připuštění ke zkoušce je třeba vypracovat, odevzdat a prezentovat zadané seminární práce.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- BPH_AMA1 Marketing 1
!BKH_MAR1 && !BPH_MAR1 && !BKH_ZMAR && !BPH_ZMAR
- BPH_AMA1 Marketing 1
- Teacher's information
- Students will find a more detailed information about the seminar assignments, including other information to complete the course, in the Interactive Course Syllabus in the IS.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2021, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2021/BPH_MAR1