ESF:BPH_ZMAN Principles of Management - Course Information
BPH_ZMAN Principles of ManagementFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Ladislav Blažek, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Ladislava Kuchynková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Pavla Odehnalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Alena Šafrová Drášilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Ladislav Blažek, CSc.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Fri 10:00–11:50 P101
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPH_ZMAN/02: each even Friday 8:00–9:50 P403, P. Pirožek
BPH_ZMAN/03: each odd Friday 8:00–9:50 P403, P. Pirožek
BPH_ZMAN/04: each even Friday 8:00–9:50 P104, A. Šafrová Drášilová
BPH_ZMAN/05: each odd Friday 8:00–9:50 P104, A. Šafrová Drášilová
BPH_ZMAN/06: each even Thursday 10:00–11:50 S310, P. Odehnalová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! BPH_MAN1 Management 1 )&&(! NOWANY ( BPH_MAN1 Management 1 ))&&(! FAKULTA ( ESF )|| OBOR ( FJHC ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 160 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 163/160, only registered: 3/160, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/160
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on management in business organizations as well as in non-business organizations.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- explain the incorporation of general management into the relevant scientific disciplines
- describe the trends of management in the context of economic, social and political conditions of the twentieth century and further development on the threshold of twenty-first century
- explain the nature of an organization
- describe basic types of organizational structures
- apply the principles of organization on the creation of organizational structures
- explain the impact of organizational strategy and organizational culture on the organizational structure
- explain the nature of planning and decision-making
- describe the organizational and procedural way of decision-making
- explain the decision-making process and its various stages
- apply methods of decision analysis to solving decision-making problems
- explain the nature of influencing
- describe the principles of selected motivational theories and explain their relationship to the incentive instruments and motivational system
- explain the essence of leadership, motivation and communication
- use basic management skills
- Thematic plan of the course: 1. Define of general management
- 2. Development trends of management
- 3. Organisation I
- 4. Organisation II
- 5. Corporate governance
- 6. Competitive Intelligence
- 7. Decision making I
- 8. Decision making II
- 9. Decision making III
- 10. Motivation I
- 11. Motivation II
- 12. Leadership
- 13. Knowledge and experience from the management practices.
- Thematic plan of the seminars: Presentations and case studies solving .
- required literature
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav. Management. 2. rozš. Praha: Grada, 2014. 211 pp. ISBN 978-80-247-4429-2. info
- recommended literature
- DONNELLY, James H., James L. GIBSON and John M. IVANCEVICH. Management. Translated by Václav Dolanský - Josef Koubek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1997. 821 s. ISBN 9788071694229. info
- VEBER, JAROMÍR A KOL. Management. 2. vyd. Praha: Management Press, 2009. 734 pp. ISBN 978-80-7261-200-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, discussion, presentations and case studies solving in seminars, elaborate papers.
- Assessment methods
- The course finishes with an exam. Assessment in seminars is also a part of the exam classification. Any copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the subject and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nezapisují si studenti oborů mateřských na ESF MU.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2019/BPH_ZMAN