ESF:BPM_MATE Mathematics - Course Information
BPM_MATE MathematicsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Petr Liška, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Markéta Matulová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Luboš Bauer, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Matouš Cabalka (seminar tutor)
Bc. Nikol Drongová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Dzúrik (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Franců (seminar tutor)
Bc. Barbora Halaštová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Martin Chvátal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Janoušková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lukáš Kokrda (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Másilko (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Markéta Matulová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Nováková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Jan Prokop (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Pavlína Račková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Vlastimil Reichel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Sedláková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Suchánek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Žárská (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Liška, Ph.D.
Division of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lenka Hráčková
Supplier department: Division of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- ( BPM_VTMA Mathematics Entrance Test )
Knowledge of high school mathematics (i.e. algebra, functions, equations, and their solutions).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Understanding of parts of mathematics that can be used for the description and modeling of real-world problems and finding their solutions. Acquiring the desired level of knowledge necessary for applying mathematics to other sciences and for the ability to self-study in the literature.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students will be able to
- handle basic mathematical operations and calculations.
- understand basic mathematical concepts and use them in economy and other related sciences
- apply procedures for solving practical problems in real situations.
- figure out how to use mathematical tools in economic, commercial, managerial, and financial fields.
- Sequences and Series
- -definitions and properties
- -examples (geometric and arithmetic series) and applications
- Differential Calculus
- -the function of a single variable and its properties
- -limits and derivatives
- -applications of derivatives, optimization
- -the function of several variables, partial derivatives
- Integral Calculus
- -primitive functions and how to find them
- -Riemann integral and its usage
- Linear Algebra
- -vectors, matrices and their properties,
- -determinants, eigenvalues, and their applications,
- -linear equations and their applications.
- required literature
- SYDSÆTER, Knut, Peter J. HAMMOND, Arne STRØM and Andrés M. CARVAJAL. Essential mathematics for economic analysis. 6th edition. Harlow: Pearson, 2021. ISBN 1-292-35928-5. info
- recommended literature
- BAUER, Luboš, Hana LIPOVSKÁ, Miloslav MIKULÍK and Vít MIKULÍK. Matematika v ekonomii a ekonomice (Mathematics in Economics and Economy). první vydání. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2015. 352 pp. ISBN 978-80-247-4419-3. info
- DOŠLÁ, Zuzana and Petr LIŠKA. Matematika pro nematematické obory : s aplikacemi v přírodních a technických vědách. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2014. 304 s. ISBN 9788024753225. URL info
- Teaching methods
- Standard lecture complemented with an exercise to teach students needed computational skills.
- Assessment methods
- Completion is firstly based on two tests written during the semester. It is required to obtain at least 50% of points in each test. The exam is written. It is necessary to obtain at least 50% of points from the total amount of the written exam.
Any copying, recording or taking out the tests, use of unauthorized devices and means of communication or other distortions of test objectivity will be considered a failure in the course and a gross violation of study regulations. Consequently, the teacher closes the test (credit) score in IS by grade "F" and Dean initiates disciplinary proceedings.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2024/BPM_MATE