ESF:BPM_ST2A Statistics 2 - Course Information
BPM_ST2A Statistics 2Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Maria Králová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Maria Králová, Ph.D.
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lenka Hráčková
Supplier department: Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 8:00–9:50 VT202
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- The basic terms in calculus of probability.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 24 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/24, only registered: 0/24, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/24
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme ESF, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Economics and Administration (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: - understand and explain the basics of statistical inference; - use the basic testing procedures; - to operate the statistical software;
- Learning outcomes
- After graduation of the course student should be able to:
- distinguish between sample and population and properly interpret principles of inferential statistics
- determine statistical methods appropriate for particular application context
- solve tasks based on real data by means of sw. STATSTICA
- interpret properly outputs of analyses
- -Normal as well as derived exact distributions (Pearson distribution, Student distribution, F distribution) and their properties; quantile tables. -Law of large numbers, central limit theorem. -Basic concepts of mathematical statistics; inductive statistics, random sampling, sample statistic. - Point estimation and interval estimation of population parameters and parametric functions. -Introduction to hypotheses testing. -The statistical inferences based on a single sample from normal distribution. -The statistical inferences based on two independent samples from the normal distribution. -The statistical inferences based on one sample or two independent samples from Bernoulli (zero-one) distribution. -One-way analysis of variance. -Simple linear regression. -Introduction to correlation analysis. -The relationship between two variables on the nominal or ordinal scale - Nonparametric tests on medians
- recommended literature
- ROUSSAS, George G. A course in mathematical statistics. 2nd ed. San Diego, Calif.: Academic Press, 1997. xx, 572. ISBN 0125993153. info
- LIND, Douglas A., Robert Deward MASON and William G. MARCHAL. Basic statistics for business and economics. 3rd ed. Boston: Irwin, 2000. xii, 564. ISBN 0073660620. info
- LEFEBVRE, Mario. Applied probability and statistics. 1st ed. New York: Springer, 2006. xvii, 356. ISBN 0387284540. info
- WONNACOTT, Ronald J. and Thomas H. WONNACOTT. Introductory statistics for business and economics. 4th ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1990. xvi, 815. ISBN 047161517X. info
- WASSERMAN, Larry. All of statistics : a concise course in statistical inference. New York: Springer, 2004. xix, 442. ISBN 9780387402727. info
- Teaching methods
- theoretical lectures; computer seminar sessions;
- Assessment methods
- The final grade is given by the score of the final test. The requirements for taking the test is to be active at seminar sessions which are compulsory.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: jarní semestr.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předměty PMSTIIA nebo PMSTII.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Kurz se vypisuje zejména pro zahraniční studenty
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BPM_ST2A