ESF:MPH_DIBM Digital innovation of business - Course Information
MPH_DIBM Digital innovation of business modelsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Moein Beheshti, MBA (seminar tutor)
Iryna Kadykova, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Michal Krčál, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Dušan Mladenović, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ahad Zareravasan, PhD (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ahad Zareravasan, PhD
Department of Business Management - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Business Management - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPH_DIBM/01: Wed 12:00–13:50 P403, except Wed 29. 3., M. Beheshti, M. Krčál, D. Mladenović, A. Zareravasan
- You are expected to understand the basics of strategic management and organizational strategy.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Management (programme ESF, N-PEM)
- Course objectives
- The goal of this course is to allow you to understand the companies from the business model perspective. Recently, new business models were built intensively on digital technologies or the existing business models have digitally transformed. E-business is booming. In this course, you will learn how to understand these changes and how to innovate or create new business models. The teaching in this course will be heavily based on various case studies of business models.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain what is a business model, its parts, and how a transformation of a business model works,
- compare business models and analyze what caused their success/failure,
- design new or innovative an existing business model.
- Business models and their visual representations
- Business model transformation
- Business model case studies
- required literature
- JELASSI, Tawfik, Albrecht ENDERS and Francisco J MARTÍNEZ-LÓPEZ. Strategies for e-Business: Creating value through electronic and mobile commerce. Pearson, 2014. ISBN 978-0-273-75787-0. info
- OSTERWALDER, Alexander and Yves PIGNEUR. Business model generation : a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2010. 278 s. ISBN 9780470876411. info
- not specified
- CHAFFEY, Dave, Tanya HEMPHILL and David EDMUNDSON-BIRD. Digital business and e-commerce management. Seventh edition. Harlow, England: Pearson, 2019. xxxvii, 64. ISBN 9781292193335. info
- Teaching methods
- Tutorials, discussions, case studies, projects.
- Assessment methods
- The assessment in this project will consist from:
- class activity,
Any plagiarism in assignments during the semester, and copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the course and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" or "N" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2023/MPH_DIBM