PdF:AJ0319 Creative Poetry and Prosaic Wr - Course Information
AJ0319 Creative Poetry and Prosaic WritingFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Alena Dobrovolná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jaroslav Suchý (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Žaneta Voldánová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Lucie Podroužková, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- For students of English.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 45 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be aware of what writing poems and stories in English is about. They will learn the basic techniques of short story-writing. Their overall proficiency in their writing skills is expected to improve.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will:
- improve their writing skills in English
- learn basic techniques of prosaic writing
- try out different creative techniques of writing
- learn to critically look at other studets' pieces and thus improve their own techniques.
- Students will learn to express their ideas and feelings through poetic and prosaic texts of different length. They will learn about basic procedure of writing a short story. Preliminary topics may include: - the main principles of creative writing - treating a topic within different genres - chain story/chain poem - inspiration in music and visual arts - treating a controversial topic - Etc.
- Teaching methods
- This is primarily an on-line course. The goal of the subject is practicing and improving language skills through creative poetry and prosaic writing. Students will meet up in class three times (this is optional because the course is primarily an on-line one - as mentioned above) – for an introductory lesson, in the middle of the semester to discuss, evaluate the process and suggest improvements for the second part of the semester and at the end of the semester to sum up the process. It will be up to the group to decide whether or not a reading evening will be organized.
- Assessment methods
- Each student will be expected to write a text on a weekly basis. The first draft will be uploaded in the Mood-Link-A (by a given day and time) to be discussed by all the other participants who will give the author positive feedback as well as constructive criticism - suggestions for changes (by a given day and time). After that the author will decide whether or not to incorporate the suggested changes and publish the final version in the Mood-Link-A (by a given day and time). This process will be repeated every week (i.e. all the steps are required for awarding a credit). Throughout the semester students are encouraged to think which activities and how they could be able to use or adapt for their own teaching.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Výuka probíhá pouze online. Předmět bude realizován, pokud se přihlásí alespoň 15 studentů.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: online.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/AJ0319