PdF:AJ1408 Intensive Language course - Course Information
AJ1408 Intensive Language and Methodology CourseFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/3.3. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ailsa Marion Randall, M.A. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 35 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 25/35, only registered: 0/35
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Residential course focused on the development of communicative and didactic competences of the students. Non-traditional ways of teaching, namely project work, simulation, drama techniques and other modern methods indispensable when teaching children will be employed.
- Learning outcomes
- Students develop their communicative competence;
students are able to reflect the development of their communicative competence rozvoj vlastní komunikační kompetence;
students are familiar with different types of activities suitable for nontraditional English language teaching;
students are familiar with different types of activities suitable for personality development that can be implemented in English language teaching.
- Projects. Kinaesthetic activities in ELT. Simulation in ELT. Theatre in ELT. Language games. Communication games. Culture of English speaking countries. Video in ELT.
- WICKS, Matt. Imaginative projects : a resource book of project work for young students. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000. 128 s. ISBN 0521668050. info
- TOMALIN, Barry and Susan STEMPELSKI. Video in action :recipes for using video in language teaching. New York: Prentice Hall, 1990. viii, 173. ISBN 0-13-945619-8. info
- HAINES, Simon. Projects :for the EFL Classroom : resource material for teachers. Walton-on-Thames: Nelson, 1989. 108 s. ISBN 0-17-555736-5. info
- Teaching methods
- Experiential learning, projects.
- Assessment methods
- Intensive experiential course. Requirements: pre-course preparation, active participation in all course components. Assessment criteria: active involvement in all activities and reflection sessions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: týden.
- Teacher's information
- Dates: April 28 - May 1, 2021. Venue: Frystak near Zlín. Full board: 1700 Kč.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/AJ1408