PdF:AJ5401 Teaching through Drama - Course Information
AJ5401 Teaching through DramaFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Tomáš Andrášik (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Alena Dobrovolná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Šárka Dohnalová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Alena Dobrovolná, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Pre-Intermediate knowledge of English (B1 according to the European Framework of Reference)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 34 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- 1. The students is familiar with basic concepts of drama education. 2. The students learns basic drama technigues. 3. The student understands how these work in the English language classroom and how they could be employed for the use of creative lesson planning. 4. The students experiences the impact of drama themselves. 5. The student prepares a simple drama activity for his/her peers.
- Learning outcomes
- student will be able to use/incorporate in their teaching techniques and conventionas of drama, such as: warm-ups/icebreakers frozen pictures character on the wall narrative action overheard conversation hot seating valey of conscousness role play writing in role etc.
- 1. Warm-ups and ice-breakers. 2. Group forming and dynamics exercises. Defining and getting to know the space (classroom) Basic rules of forming a dramatic conflict 3. Setting up scenes and sketches 4. Still images. 16. Further basic drama conventions(“Hot chair”, “Dialogue”, “Forum”, “Character on the wall”). 17. Storytelling I. 18. Storytelling II. 19. Teachign literature using drama conventions. 20. Teaching poetry/nursery rhymes using drama conventions. 21. Summary. Lesson planning.
- required literature
- NEELANDS, Jonothan and Tony GOODE. Structuring drama work : a handbook of available forms in theatre and drama. Edited by David Booth. 2nd ed. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2000. 116 s. ISBN 0521787297. info
- not specified
- MACHKOVÁ, Eva. Jak se učí dramatická výchova : didaktika dramatické výchovy. 2. vyd. Praha: Akademie múzických umění v Praze, divadelní fakulta, katedra výchovné dramatiky, 2007. 223 s. ISBN 9788073310899. info
- Úvod do studia dramatické výchovy. Edited by Eva Machková. Praha: IPOS, 1998. 199 s. ISBN 8090166032. info
- Teaching methods
- This class uses a variety of methods including hands-on drama activities, mini-lecture, group discussions, presentations, and projects on Moodlinka.
- Assessment methods
- 1 lesson plan for teaching a song/nursery rhyme/poem 1 lesson plan for teaching a story Both including a warm up and lead-in PRACTICAL PRESENTATION OF THE LESSON PLANS PILOTING THE LESSON PLAN DURING THE TEACHING PRACTICE
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: dopolední blok 8.30-13.30, sobota 2. 10. a pátek 17. 12. 2021.
General note: Předmět bude realizován, pokud se přihlásí alespoň 15 studentů.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin ve 2 blocích.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses