PdF:AJ5411 Teaching through Drama 2 - Course Information
AJ5411 Teaching through Drama 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Bc. Šárka Dohnalová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Alena Dobrovolná, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- AJ5401 Teaching through Drama || AJB_DPVA Teaching through Drama
Intermediate knowledge of English
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Block teaching: This course is an intensive course that will lead students through various experiences. They will enter a story or a period in history to go through it themselves, experience individual drama techniques and analyse the way they were used in the drama structure. At the end of the course the students will analyse the methods use and try to put together a simple structure of their own.
- 1. warm-ups and ice-breakers, name games 2. topic based games 3. using props, setting a simple scene 4. TIR (teacher in role)technique 5. using stories in the classroom 6. Improvisation 7. Unfinished materials as a tool for storytelling 8. Soundtracking, radio broadcasting 9. Structuring drama work 10. drama lesson planning - the structure of a drama lesson plan 11. working with textbooks - trying to make a drama lesson plan out of a textbook lesson. 12. presentation
- NEELANDS, Jonothan and Tony GOODE. Structuring drama work : a handbook of available forms in theatre and drama. Edited by David Booth. 2nd ed. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2000. 116 s. ISBN 0521787297. info
- DUFF, Alan and Alan MALEY. Drama techniques in language learning : a resource book of communication activities for language teachers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1982. vi, 234. ISBN 0521288681. info
- Teaching methods
- This class uses a variety of methods including mini-lecture, group discussions, presentations, and projects on Moodlinka.
- Assessment methods
- bloková výuka seminární práce
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: dopolední blok 8.30-13.30, sobota 20. března a sobota 15. května 2021.
General note: Předmět bude realizován pokud se přihlásí alespoň 15 studentů.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin ve 2 blocích.