PdF:AJ5415 Storytelling for Young Learner - Course Information
AJ5415 Storytelling for Young LearnersFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Kateřina Tomková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Alena Dobrovolná, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AJ5415/01: Sat 20. 3. 8:30–13:30 učebna 41, Sat 15. 5. 8:30–13:30 učebna 41, K. Tomková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 15/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 31 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The workshop is specified for students who intend to teach children in primary schools. The magical power of the formula „Once upon a time...“ attracts the children’s attention again and again. A simple clear plot, frequent logical repetition, the pleasant and regular rhythm of the language, usually happy and satisfying ending – this is what makes stories so valued in the eyes of children. How to exploit this treasure, how to think about the work with stories, to plan activities connected to stories, to combine activities accross the curiculum – this is the aim of the course.
- Structure: Introduction: stories and the purpose of telling or reading them to children storytime and learning strategies stories and cross-curricular activities presentations of storytelling examples Preparation: what to do before we start how to choose a story how to remember the story reading or telling? The art of storytelling : making a plan the power of human voice - voice techniques, gestures, miming class organization Additional activities: what can we do before, during and after the story Materials: props, pictures, puppets, toys, real things how to choose, use, make and handle them
- WATTS, Eleanor. Storytelling. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006. 88 stran. ISBN 0194419762. info
- ELLIS, Gail and Jean BREWSTER. Tell it again! : the new storytelling handbook for primary teachers. Harlow: Penguin English, 2002. iv, 188. ISBN 0582447747. info
- WRIGHT, Andrew. Storytelling with children. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1995. 206 s. ISBN 0194372022. info
- Teaching methods
- workshop, e-learning, lesson planning
- Assessment methods
- final project, lesson plans
Acceptable project: gives evidence of effort, careful consideration of a number of aspects, and creativity. It clearly shows the author is familiar with different teaching resources and materials. • Unacceptable project: is hurried, careless, formal, materials are just piled. Plagiarised.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět bude realizován, pokud se přihlásí alespoň 15 studentů.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin ve 2 blocích.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/AJ5415