PdF:AJ5419 Freelance English Teacher 2.0 - Course Information
AJ5419 Freelance English Teacher 2.0Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bronislav Sobotka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Alena Dobrovolná, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AJ5419/01: Sat 10. 10. 14:00–19:00 učebna 56, Sat 12. 12. 14:00–19:00 učebna 56, B. Sobotka
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 18/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 33 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The subject aims to provide the participants with a toolkit for a modern independent freelance language teacher. The course is fully based on personal experience (and mistakes) and aims to be as practical as possible.
- Learning outcomes
- In the end, the participants should have enough knowledge and information to become a successful full-time or part-time freelance teacher (if they choose to do so).
- In the first part, we will discuss the specifics of one-to-one teaching, where to find and how to design suitable materials. We will also look at various kinds of promotion (Facebook, YouTube, e-books, blog, online courses), we will talk about building (and maintaining) a good name/brand and generally the ways to let people know about you and motivate them to want to study with you. We will also talk about online teaching and the possibility to teach from any place in the world with a good internet connection. After the first meeting, there will be a lot of practical tasks (usually one task for one or two weeks). These will involve, creating your “brand” and “elevator pitch”, preparing a simple business plan or vision, creating your webpage, starting your Facebook fan page, writing a short ebook, writing a blog article and preparing a presentation about all of the above-mentioned. In the second part, everybody will present their own work and will get feedback from other participants as well as from the teacher. During both meetings, there will be enough left for discussion of any question or issue we may encounter.
- How to win friends and influence people (Orig.) : Jak získávat přátele a působit na lidi. info
- Zen To Done: The Ultimate Simple Productivity System - Leo Babauta
- VLACH, Robert. Na volné noze : podnikejte jako profesionálové. Vydání první. Brně: Jan Melvil Publishing, 2017. 760 stran. ISBN 9788075550156. info
- OSBORNE, Priscilla. Teaching English one to one. Hove: Pavilion, 2015. 216 stran. ISBN 9781898789123. info
- SCRIVENER, Jim. Learning teaching : a guidebook for English language teachers. 2nd ed. Oxford: Macmillan, 2005. 431 s. ISBN 1405013990. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentation, discussion, reading, active participation in activities
- Assessment methods
- attendance assignments presentation in the second meeting
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět bude realizován pokud se přihlásí alespoň 15 studentů.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin ve 2 blocích.
- Teacher's information
- Most of the things that will be presented in the lesson are closely connected with the teacher and his experience - you can find out more about him here: http://brona.cz
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/AJ5419