PdF:Ze0166 Geography in English - Course Information
Ze0166 Geography in EnglishFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-ZE2) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim is to strengthen the internationalization of the geography education.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Use geographic terminology in foreign language;
- Present geographical themes in foreign language;
- Communicate with foreign partners in foreign language.
- The subject may be passed by any of variants offered:
- - Foreign mobility (Erasmus +, Freemover and others; evidenced by an entry in IS);
- - Foreign work experience in field of studied subject (evidenced by an entry in IS affirmation or employer);
- - Bachelor or master thesis in foreign language (submit a copy of the work or works IS);
- - Presentation of thesis in foreign language at bachelor/diploma day at the department;
- - The successful completion of the course taught at MU in a foreign language (illustrated by an extract from IS);
- - Active presentation at a conference in foreign language (evidenced by the conference program);
- - Passive participation in the conference, workshop, seminar or other event in foreign language (minimum. 3 actions, evidenced by the own notes of the event in foreign language);
- - Activities in the role of foreign student or a guest of the University tutor (by submitting a list of activities and contact with the foreign tudent / guest);
- - Teaching in a foreign language or CLIL at primary school (by submitting a certificate of school / teachers);
- - Submission of all protocols of the selected subject Department of Geography (evidenced by submission recognized protocols);
- - Translations of textbooks and other materials for department members (evidenced by submission of material processed);
- - Other options after consultation with the course supervisor.
- Teaching methods
- individual work and consultation
- Assessment methods
- Submission of a credible certificate of completion one of the chosen variant of the completing the course.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.