PdF:HV2BP_OPx1 Field Prectice 1 - Course Information
HV2BP_OPx1 Field Practice 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Daniela Taylor, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Daniela Taylor, Ph.D.
Department of Music - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Music - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to enhance student´s skills with professional competencies at two different educational levels. It is a weekly practice. There is a total of 6 hours of observation. Through observation at selected schools, the student has a deeper understanding of what a Music teacher´s work involves at different educational levels. The student can combine theoretical knowledge gained in the courses of Pedagogy, Psychology and from the field of study with practical experience and to deepen the reflective and self-reflective skills necessary for the work of a teacher.
- Within the Field of Practice, students attend at least 6 observation sessions in schools of two different educational levels. The students can choose from the following educational institutions: Kindergartens; Primary schools – I. and II. level; Secondary schools; Primary Art Schools; Music Conservatory or Leisure centres – eg. Lužánky Leisure center. Students during their practical experience will produce detailed written records (Diary)that will provide insight into their experience. Students are required to record in their diaries as much information as possible about the curriculum, methods, teaching style, tools used and teaching materials or classroom equipment. They can also comment on the overall atmosphere of the class or the teacher's ability to communicate. They may observe both positive and negative points or make suggestions on how to address the identified problem.
- recommended literature
- PETTY, Geoffrey. Moderní vyučování. Translated by Jiří Foltýn. Šesté, rozšířené a př. Praha: Portál, 2013. 562 stran. ISBN 9788026203674. info
- not specified
- FUKAČ, Jiří, Jiří VYSLOUŽIL and Petr MACEK. Slovník české hudební kultury (Dictionary of Czech Musical Culture.). 1st ed. Praha: Editio Supraphon, 1997. 1035 pp. ISBN 80-7058-462-. info
- Teaching methods
- 6 observed lessons in at least two Educational levels of the students choice.
- Assessment methods
- Submission of a detailed diary from the students observations of lessons to the lecturer of the subject on the specified date.
- Language of instruction