PdF:TI1019 Computer Networks - Course Information
TI1019 Computer NetworksFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- Ing. Martin Dosedla, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Martin Dosedla, Ph.D.
Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Ing. Martin Dosedla, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-TV)
- Technology and IT for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Technology and IT for Education (programme PdF, B-TE3S) (2)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, the student will be able to design, secure, manage, configure and troubleshoot modern computer networks on the scale from small to enterprise local area networks.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to: 1. design and implement a simple local computer network, including an IP addressing scheme; 2. perform basic configuration of network elements - routers, switches, wifi access points; 3. manage the computer network, including its security parameters 4. be familiar with TCP/IP and ISO/OSI network protocols
- 1. Networking today 2. Basic Switch and End Device configuration 3. Protocol Models 4. Physical Layer 5. Number Systems 6. Data Link Layer 7. Ethernet Switching 8. Network Layer 9. Address Resolution 10. Basic Router Configuration 11. IPv4 Addressing 12. IPv6 Addressing 13. ICMP 14. Transport Layer 15. Application Layer 16. Network Security Fundamentals 17. Build a Small Network
- Teaching methods
- lectures, laboratory exercises, individual work
- Assessment methods
- Theoretical tests of individual chapters, final test, practical test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Note related to how often the course is taught: v komb. stud. blokově.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 h. konz./sem. (komb. stud.).
- Teacher's information