PdF:TI1011 Design and Construction - Course Information
TI1011 Design and ConstructionFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Zdeněk Hodis, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Zdeněk Hodis, Ph.D.
Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Ing. Zdeněk Hodis, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- TI1011/01: each even Monday 16:00–17:50 učebna 25, Z. Hodis
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-TV)
- Technology and IT for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Technology and IT for Education (programme PdF, B-TE3S) (2)
- Course objectives
- Design and design focuses on construction, assembly and dismantling. The content of the course is familiar with constructional, electrotechnical, electronic and robotic constructions. Emphasis is placed on understanding the principles of bridge construction. Introduction to the basics of bridge architecture - girder, lattice structure, etc., and their use in practice (bridge construction) and basic schools (bridge models).
For a better understanding of design and design issues, it is possible to use ICT resources for practice-oriented teaching and appropriate didactic and computer games with a focus on design.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- describe construction, assembly and disassembly;
- Understand the principles of design, electrical, electronic and robotic construction;
- describe the trends in architecture and bridge structures - the history of bridges;
- explain the principle of bridge construction - beam, lattice structure, etc .;
- use ICT, didactic and computer games with a focus on designing;
- 1. assembly and disassembly work,
- 2. construction kits- instructions, assembly and disassembly, creative work, didactic toys, actual equipment,
- 3. use of construction kits,
- 4. use of electrotechnical, electronic and robotic constructions,
- 5. history and present of bridges and bridge constructions,
- 6. the bases of bridge architecture - beam, lattice structure, etc.,
- 7. use of ICT resources in practically conceived teaching,
- 8. Didactic and computer games with a focus on design.
- Syllabus of seminars:
- 1st and 2nd week: Introduction to the problems, assembly and disassembly work.
- 3rd and 4th week: Construction kits- instructions, assembly and disassembly, creative work, didactic toys, real devices.
- Week 5 and 6: Use of construction kits, electrotechnical, electronic and robotic kits.
- 7th and 8th week: The history and the present of bridges and bridge constructions, the foundations of bridge architecture - girder, lattice structure, etc.
- 9th and 10th week: Use of ICT resources in practically conceived teaching.
- Weeks 11 and 12: Didactic and computer games with a focus on design.
- required literature
- FRIEDMANN, Zdeněk. Didaktika technické výchovy. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2001. 92 s. ISBN 8021026413. info
- recommended literature
- MOŠNA, Václav. Krásné mosty České republiky. 1. české vyd. Praha: Slovart, c2012. ISBN 978-80-7391-617-6.
- HAVELKA, Martin a Čestmír SERAFÍN. Konstrukční a elektrotechnická stavebnice ve výuce obecně technického předmětu. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého, 2003, 170 s. ISBN 80-244-0692-6.
- KADLČÁK, Jaroslav a Jiří KYTÝR. Statika stavebních konstrukcí II. 2. vyd. Brno: VUTIUM, 2004. ISBN 80-214-2631-4.
- Teaching methods
- seminars, group projects - presentation,
- Assessment methods
- final project, seminar work
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 h. konz./sem. (komb. stud.).
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/TI1011