PdF:RJ6006 Teaching Practice 3 - Course Information
RJ6006 Teaching Practice 3Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Mgr. Simona Koryčánková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Denisa Foltová, DiS. (assistant)
Mgr. Blanka Klimovič (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Mgr. Simona Koryčánková, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Russian Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Russian Language (programme PdF, N-RJ2) (2)
- Course objectives
- The purpose of this course is to develop and enhance professional competences acquired during Teaching practice 1 and Teaching practice 2. The practice is of a continuous monthly form, which is realized at the end of the semester. In total, the practice takes 60 hours. Due to intensive participation in the activities of an elementary or secondary school and a higher number of own lessons (20 lessons), a student has a possibility of deeper understanding everyday teacher’s duties. The student becomes in his/her teacher’s role even more independent. Within this course, the student has a possibility to link theoretical knowledge gained in courses of Pedagogy, Psychology and his/her own study field with practical experience and to enhance reflective and self-reflective skills needed for teacher’s profession.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student will:
• identify his/her strengths and weaknesses in teacher’s role,
• evaluate his/her own development in teacher’s role,
• plan, realise and reflect on his/her teaching together with other teacher’s duties,
• reflect on climate of a specific school/class and their influence on his/her own work,
• create alterations used in teaching based on reflection of his/her own teaching,
• identify pupils’ individual needs in the class, where s/he teaches.
- • actual teaching – 20 lessons,
• tandem teaching,
• activities related to (class) teacher’s assistant, set by a director of elementary school or mentor (e.g. help with correction of written assignments or pupils’ notice books, teaching aids, individual work with pupils with special educational needs, assisting (together with the teacher) pupils’ excursions, preparation of school projects and events, monitoring pupils’ behaviour, participation in parents’ meetings, help with school/class administrative work),
• observations of mentor’s lessons (depending on possibilities of the school),
• completing long-term complex portfolio tasks
- • actual teaching – 20 lessons,
- DYTRTOVÁ, Radmila and Marie KRHUTOVÁ. Učitel : příprava na profesi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2009. 121 s. ISBN 9788024728636. info
- VAŠUTOVÁ, Jaroslava. Být učitelem : co by měl učitel vědět o své profesi. 2. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Pedagogická fakulta, 2007. 76 s. ISBN 9788072903252. info
- KYRIACOU, Chris. Klíčové dovednosti učitele : cesty k lepšímu vyučování. Translated by Dominik Dvořák - Milan Koldinský. 2. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2004. 155 s. ISBN 8071789658. info
- PETTY, Geoffrey. Moderní vyučování. Translated by Štěpán Kovařík. 2. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2002. 380 s. ISBN 80-7178-681-0. info
- GOWER, Roger, Diane PHILLIPS and Steve WALTERS. Teaching practice handbook. New edition. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann, 1995. viii, 215. ISBN 0-435-24059-5. info
- ŠIMONÍK, Oldřich. Začínající učitel (The beginning teacher). dotisk 1. vydání. Brno: MU, 1995. 101 pp. Spisy pedagogické fakulty MU, sv. 56. ISBN 80-210-0944-6. info
- Teaching methods
- - active work supervised by a mentor - individual consultations
- Assessment methods
- - teacher student’s evaluation provided by the mentor - regular attendance to the school of the teaching practice
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 60 hodin.