PdF:SZ7BP_OVUS Introduction to Sociology - Course Information
SZ7BP_OVUS Introduction to SociologyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Barbora Vacková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Barbora Vacková, Ph.D.
Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
- each even Tuesday 14:00–15:50 učebna 5a
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 58 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course introduces basic sociological concepts and theories. It will focus primarily on the sociology of the family, and education. The aim of the course is to coach students to be able to think about its profession, about the historical as well as recent phenomena in sociologically relevant and critical contexts. The course focuses therefore on the sociological concepts of social roles, norms and values, conformity and deviance, disciplination, social stratification and its reproduction through the educational system.
- • The emergence of sociology, what it is and what it deals with. • What is the society: nature, culture, and language. • Social stratification and inequality, gender, roles of men and women in society. • Sociology of education. • Sociology of family. • Sociology of housing.
- required literature
- JANDOUREK, Jan. Průvodce sociologií. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2008. 208 s. ISBN 9788024723976. info
- BAUMAN, Zygmunt and Tim MAY. Myslet sociologicky : netradiční uvedení do sociologie. Translated by Jana Ogrocká. V tomto překladu přeprac. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2004. 239 s. ISBN 8086429288. info
- recommended literature
- GIDDENS, Anthony. Sociology. 1. ed. Cambridge: Polity Press, 1989. xxvi, 815. ISBN 0-7456-0545-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2019/SZ7BP_OVUS