PdF:Ze0161 Didactics of Geography 3 - Course Information
Ze0161 Didactics of Geography 3Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- The course takes place in parallel with the school practice and reflective seminars. The subject synthesizes and applies the knowledge gained in the study of partial geographic disciplines and subjects of pedagogy and psychology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-ZE2) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to:
(a) present and analyse a critical didactic incident from their teaching practice (max. 20 min.)
(b) present an interesting activation method they have experienced in their geography teaching,
(c) to study selected scientific papers from the field of geography education to take a critical stance on them during discussion with other students at the seminar.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to:
to support the theory to describe and critically evaluate how geography is taught in real school practice;
through separate descriptive, analytical and critical-assessment work, independently create goals and contents of geographical education
confront geographical education theories with the practical realization of geography teaching;
develop geographic education objectives into specific and measurable learning tasks.
- Critical didactic incident (theory and practice)
- Activation methods useful in geography teaching (theory and practice)
- Scholarly texts and their critical evaluation
- required literature
- ŘEZNÍČKOVÁ, Dana and Tomáš MATĚJČEK. Úlohy ve výuce geografie. Vydání první. Praha: P3K, 2014. 95 stran. ISBN 9788087343463. info
- TRIPP, David. Critical incidents in teaching : developing professional judgement. London: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2012. xxv, 166. ISBN 9780415686273. info
- recommended literature
- LAMBERT, David and John MORGAN. Teaching geography 11-18 : a conceptual approach. 1st pub. Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill/Open University Press, 2010. xii, 180. ISBN 9780335234479. info
- not specified
- ROGERS, David. 100 ideas for secondary teachers : outstanding geography lessons. First published. London: Bloomsbury, 2017. x, 118. ISBN 9781472940995. info
- BEST, Brin and Steve PADGET. Secondary starters and plenaries geography : ready-to-use activities for teaching geography. London: Bloomsbury, 2014. xii, 162. ISBN 9781441110916. info
- LEEDER, Andy. 100 ideas for teaching geography. New York, N.Y.: Continuum, 2006. xi, 128. ISBN 0826485383. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual, pair and group work with professional information sources. Group discussion. Independent study of professional literature.
- Assessment methods
- Written elaboration or oral presentation of given seminar works, their timely submission and approval by the teacher of the subject.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.