PdF:Ze0155 Activating Forms and Methods o - Course Information
Ze0155 Activating Forms and Methods of Teaching GeographyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Ze0155/01: each even Wednesday 18:00–19:50 učebna 5a, P. Knecht
- The course enriches students experience gained from teaching practice and participation at reflective seminars. The course is aimed at application of knowledge and skills gained in the study of geography, pedagogy, and psychology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-TV)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is
a) to introduce, compare, experience and analyze innovative educational media, methods and forms of teaching geography,
b) to acquaint students with the principles of constructivism and the principles of cooperative and problem-based teaching,
c) to teach students to plan and evaluate geography lessons leading to the development of key competences and geocapabilities.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- compare, critically evaluate, present the pros and cons of innovative educational media, methods and forms of teaching geography;
- design a geography lesson based on utilisation of innovative educational media, methods and forms of teaching geography.
- Basic principles of innovative educational media, methods and forms of teaching geography
- the principle of constructivism, the importance of feedback
- principles of cooperative teaching
- general principles and rules of presentation, software for creating presentations (communication, structure, graphic requirements, colors, animations)
- poster creation and presentation (principles, dimensions, possibilities of use in teaching)
- GPS and tablets in geography teaching
- internet in geography teaching (data and map sources)
- other topics of interest and needs of students.
- BEST, Brin and Steve PADGET. Secondary starters and plenaries geography : ready-to-use activities for teaching geography. London: Bloomsbury, 2014. xii, 162. ISBN 9781441110916. info
- Učime (se) spolupráci spoluprací : náměty - výukové materiály pro kooperaci dětí i dospělých. Edited by Hana Kasíková. 1. vyd. Kladno: AISIS, 2007. 181 s. ISBN 8023967703. info
- 100 ideas for lesson planning. Edited by Anthony Haynes. New York: Continuum, 2007. xi, 115 p. ISBN 9781441133137. info
- LEEDER, Andy. 100 ideas for teaching geography. New York, N.Y.: Continuum, 2006. xi, 128. ISBN 0826485383. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual, pair and group work with professional information sources. Presentation of the outcomes. Group discussion. Independent study of scholarly literature.
- Assessment methods
- Elaboration or presentation of seminar works, their timely submission and approval by the teacher of the subject.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/Ze0155