PdF:Ze0158 Socioeconomic Geography of the - Course Information
Ze0158 Socioeconomic Geography of the Czech RepublicFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Ze0158/01: Mon 8:00–9:50 učebna 10, H. Svobodová
- Basic knowledge of socio-economic geography (in general) and knowledge of physical-geography of the Czech Republic is assumed. For the seminar it is necessary to know the basic methods of geographical research.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-TV)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-ZE2) (2)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- Aim of the subject is to gain an overview of the basic knowledge of geographical regions of the Czech Republic. At the end of this course the student will be able to understand the basic elements of socio-economic (SE) geography of the Czech Republic and explain links between them. Student will be also able to use appropriate data to analyze individual components, explain location factors of activities in the context of historical and contemporary events.
The course provides the opportunity to practice basic geographic knowledge about the distribution of socio-economic objects and phenomena in the Czech Republic.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to use relevant data to analyze the socio-economic situation in the region, explain location factors of past and current activities in the landscape, interpret the socio-economic phenomena in the countryside and use them for preparation of own lessons at the elementary school.
- Theory: Basic geographical characteristics of the Czech Republic. Administrative division of the CR.
- Exercise: Mental map of the regions.
- Theory: Population of the CR - the dynamic and structural characteristics of the population. Residental structure. Exercise: Demographic and residential characteristics of the CR.
- Theory: Labour market of the CR.
- Exercise: Selected labor market indicators in the CR.
- Theory: Regional-geographical aspects of the primary sector - agriculture, forestry and fisheries.
- Exercise: Regional-geographical aspects of agricultural production in the CR.
- Theory: Specifics of the economic development of the CR. Basic aspects of industry. Exercise: Industrial enterprises analysis in the CR./Industrial areas in CR.
- Theory: Geographic aspects of tourism in the country.
- Exercise: Tourism - the positioning and implementation factors
- Theory: Transport geography of the CR in general and sectoral report.
- Exercise: Transportation systems in the CR.
- Theory: Geography of services and trade as a separate discipline.
- Exercise: Mapping of trade and services.
- Theory: Regional policy and regional development in the CR. Exercise: Program of development of place of residence.
- Theory: Socio-economic specifics of the Regions.
- Exercise: Synthesis of previous characteristics.
- Professionally-didactic part.
- Exercises can be replaced by fieldwork of exercise dealing with actual economic and social situation in Czech regions.
- Data: Český statistický úřad, Ministerstvo práce a sociálních věcí, Český úřad zeměměrický a katastrální,...
- ŠVERMOVÁ, Pavla. Geografie České republiky. Vyd. 1. V Liberci: Technická univerzita v Liberci, 2010. 190 s. ISBN 9788073726331. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation by form of lecture. Discussions revealing students' knowledge leading to self-develop outline the discussed topic. Work with data, evaluation of problems.
A series of exercises (data collection, evaluation and processing of data, interpretation of the phenomena) that gradually lead to the analysis of individual areas of socio-economic geography of the Czech Republic. Field work.
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in seminars (up to 2 unexcused absences), give in exercises on time into IS. Commented entry of exercise takes place orally at a seminar. Written/oral part of the exam. The written exam usually consists of 12 open-ended questions rated by 12 points. For passing the colloquium it is needed to get min. 7 points.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/Ze0158